• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 glitches

Hi everyone,
    Does anyone know any glithes that affect the RS2 that would be
    different from an S2??? I might be playing oversafe but i don,t
    wanna be sorry later on for ignorance!
    Yes it,s tuned by MTM with Hy-brid turbo..& Milltek system..
    It kept on trying to cut out after a long spirited drive..
    Also does the smell from the exhaust smell the same as cars
    with ceramic cats(egg smell). Coz i dont know how metallic cats
    smell.
    Please help!!!
    RS2 MTM

Mine did something similar on the cutting out front, only two or three times over a couple of months, although one of those was coming off a slip on a motorway... not good when the steering gets heavy and the brakes lose the feel at 50:eek2: :eek2: Changed the idle control valve, fine ever since.

Comment

hi jubjub

Hello m8,
      It started fine the next morning, idled fine. I think i will have to
      get a 1551 vagcom read out, see if any fault codes come up.
      Anything else i should be looking out for jubjub???
      RS2 MTM

Comment

cat smell

does anyone know how they should smell???
        RS2 MTM

Comment

Re: hi jubjub

Originally posted by charlie

Anything else i should be looking out for jubjub???
          Yes, speed cameras

Comment

I've been getting similar stalling problems - mostly when coming to a halt at junctions.

I've decided to replace the idle control valve.

Can someone tell me where to find it? I know its under the bonnet, but thats about it for me.
            ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/20vidle.html
              Jim

Comment

My RS2 suffered from stallin problems. Mainly with air con on and stopping after high speed driving on motorways last summer.

The fault code pointed at the speed sensor (Hall sender-034905391A). This was changed and no problems ever since.

Cheers
                Dave

ex-Ragusa Green RS2

Comment

Sidspud, before changing ICV, remove it and give it a damn good soaking with carb cleaner, alsoremove air intake pipe to throttle body or better still, remove throttle body and clean both sides of that with carb cleaner and re-assemble. you should find your tickover is much better.
                  HTH
                  Chris
                  A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

The fault code pointed at the speed sensor (Hall sender-034905391A). This was changed and no problems ever since.

How much was this???
                    RS2 MTM

Comment

From Audi dealer the part was £57.16 + Vat.

I'm sure that Martyn could have got it cheaper. They probably also cleaned the valve at the same time.

I was just happy they fixed the fault - it was getting dangerous.
                      Dave

ex-Ragusa Green RS2

Comment

Hi,

Mine doesnt exactly stall at idle, but when I withdraw my feet from the pedal, RPM drops down to below 500 and then suddenly jumps up to about 1300 before going to the stable 800. What is this please?

Gabor
                        Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Sounds like the idle control valve is dirty. try cleaning.
                          hth
                          A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

anyone would you please show me which one this idle valve is.

thank you

Gabor
                            Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

ISV

Hi Gabor,
                              If you look at the post that Jim (Blu-s2) sent it's clearly shown as small
                              horizontal cylinder just above/behind throttle body.
                              I have just come back from cleaning mine including cleaning throttle body
                              and air mass sensor.
                              I tried a new product called " Forch Ziebe". Its a carb cleaner. It seems to
                              Have done the job but will carry out emissions test on friday
                              RS2 MTM

Comment

Working...
                              X