Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dutch_RsBlueS2
    Is it a genuine KKK turbo?

And do they have bigger ones in that shop ? Like 27/28/29? KKK ones?

Cheers Cees

The turbo parts is geninue KKK,but the exhaust side is not sure...

we have bigger air side,available rebuild a 27/28 or 27/29.....

maybe the mighty 27/33 but is not sure....i dont know...
    Karel

:deviltail Hungarian Audi Hooligan :deviltail

Comment

Well, maybe you would like to get a bit more info on this On what compressor sides are possible and maybe some price info.

It will be appreciated very much

thnx in advance

Cees

Comment

tomorow i give you all information and some photos of parts..ok??

Cheers

Karel
        Karel

Comment

Originally posted by TunedS2
          tomorow i give you all information and some photos of parts..ok??

Cheers

Karel
          Cheers M8

Cees

Comment

sounds good to me!
            Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
            2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Attached Files
              Karel

Comment

Why does it have the split hot side intake?

Is it only oil cooled? I can't see the water connections.
                S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

As far as I know that hot side will not fit any of our Audi manifolds which have a round outlet with a raised lip.

Mark.
                  Mark - Modded

Comment

According to his spec he has an AAN EM.....
                    Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Dunno if this helps, but here is a picture of a K26 #8 hot side inlet to fit a standard config Audi EM.

Cheers,

Mark.
                      Attached Files
                      Mark - Modded

Comment

Uhmmm.... Karel, your turbo is suerly huge. But the hot side look definitly too big to me to provide acceptable low rpm spool up.
                        Turbine dimensions look better for a 600 hp setup to me, while with a 500 hp cold side there could be some smaller turbine housing to use with. It actually looks very similar to the Garret T4 exhaust housing, while the T3 one, with the right cold side, is capable of reaching the 500 Hp mark.

Just my opinion.

Marco

Comment

The double ports turbine inlet is an aerodynamical configuration to give a little better responce to the turbine, with faster spooling up.
                          Honestly that turbocharger looks to me something to be used with trucks and big displacement low rpm diesel engines.
                          Given the enormous different dimensions and features of turbocharger's parts, choice of the right configuration isn't that easy. I would strongly reccomend to have cold side maps and hot side ones as well to make sure it will work.

just as an example: lets say the cold side is actually able to provide enaugh flow for 500 hp at 6500 rpm on the 2.226 engine. To have that kind of output, even with a great head porting, you will still need some 2.0-2.1 bar boost. Would that cold side be able to provide that kind of boost at theat flow level? Only compressor maps can tell.

I'm not saying that turbo will not work. I'm just pointing out you cannot say only by its phisical dimensions.

Again only my thoughts

Marco

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
                            Why does it have the split hot side intake?

Is it only oil cooled? I can't see the water connections.

Yes Doug just oil cooled....

and if you want use this turbo,you need a handmade EM....

Karel
                            Karel

Comment

Originally posted by Pisobiker
                              The double ports turbine inlet is an aerodynamical configuration to give a little better responce to the turbine, with faster spooling up.
                              Honestly that turbocharger looks to me something to be used with trucks and big displacement low rpm diesel engines.
                              Given the enormous different dimensions and features of turbocharger's parts, choice of the right configuration isn't that easy. I would strongly reccomend to have cold side maps and hot side ones as well to make sure it will work.

just as an example: lets say the cold side is actually able to provide enaugh flow for 500 hp at 6500 rpm on the 2.226 engine. To have that kind of output, even with a great head porting, you will still need some 2.0-2.1 bar boost. Would that cold side be able to provide that kind of boost at theat flow level? Only compressor maps can tell.

I'm not saying that turbo will not work. I'm just pointing out you cannot say only by its phisical dimensions.

Again only my thoughts

Marco

It is right...but my friends Csaba use on his GR-A Delta Integrale such a turbo and that car is 420 Hp 4 cyl,and 2.2L...

and work it...

the exhaust side made by garrett...and this turbo not a diesel turbo..

later i show you the new pictures....
                              Karel

Comment

Where did you source the turbo at that price?

As i would assume that other models would be available and would be at a good price if that one is anything to go by
                                Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Working...
                                X