Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RS2 mass air flow sensor - where is the limit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I broken mine too!!!!!
    I did a turbo upgrade (I’ll post the entire project soon) and the hot wire had broken up.

Audiman, the plug connection are different. They already burn an ECU trying to plug in the same position!!!

I NEED HELP!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!
    Silver Audi RS2

Comment

Without testing a working car to see where each wire goes I cannot find out. Try asking s2central(Paul Nugent) as he may have the wiring diagram from an SQ.

Sorry, but info is very limited on such rare cars
      sigpic
      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
      Audi UR Quattro
      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

A guy in sweden is performing the same mod. The scarce information I´ve seen on the subject just states:

"With the use of a SQ MAF some auxiliry components between the ECU and MAF needs to be connected to change the signal. The pins in the SQ MAF are the other way around and needs to be moved. "

So to me this sounds like there is a bit of a hazzle to get it sorted. Well if someone know exactly what needs to be done it would probably be easier

/Mike
        /Mike
        ---------------------------------------
        S2 RS Avant@355hp "For sale"
        A4 Avant TDIq@170hp
        Datsun 240Z@550hp
        BMW M3 race car@321hp
        Garage

Comment

If I used motronic at the next uprgrade I would do same as nissan
          folks .. old maf out - in bigger maf from m5/porsches/etc/can be bouhgt
          as air mass meter from normal bosch store and just add apex airmass
          meter tweak box to it and tune it to work..

Comment

When the ECU is tuned real-time, there is NO NEED for resistors/black boxes in between the MAF and the ECU.

Also, the resistor swap for RS2 software is BS too, the best thing to do is to do the chips based on what was originally in the ECU, not start off with RS2 chips and assume the ECU will act as an RS2 ECU when one changes one resistor inside.

HTH,

Mihnea
            '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
            info@MRCTuning.com
            Workshop Directions

Comment

Mihnea,
              The problem is not reprogram the ECU. The problem is that the pin address are different from the RS2 unit to the SQ unit. The plug is not the same. I’m afraid of messing up and end with a burned ECU.
              I would like a help on the schematics on how to plug the SQ MAF on the RS2 MAF plug.

To all.
              Definitely the RS2 MAF does not hold more than 1,4-1,5bar of boost at redline. It didn’t hold on Ricardo’s car (my friend here in Brasil) and now that I upgraded my turbo, it couldn’t hold on mine too.

Best Regards,
              Mark
              Silver Audi RS2

Comment

1.5 bar at redline :O

What conrods are you lot using?? std engine would never hold that, well not for long. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Good luck.

Well my std S2 MAF will have to do for now. Its coping fine on current setup
                sigpic
                Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                Audi UR Quattro
                Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
                  1.5 bar at redline :O

What conrods are you lot using?? std engine would never hold that, well not for long. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Good luck.

Well my std S2 MAF will have to do for now. Its coping fine on current setup

@Tom: on Doug's car we went with 1.7 at redline, MAF was ok, with Mark's we've also tested 1.6 at redline and it was fine.

the amount of boost one can run at redline depends on the turbo and if it's still efficient or not, not on the rods, the most difficult task for the rods is boost at peak torque RPM....
                  '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                  info@MRCTuning.com
                  Workshop Directions

Comment

OH, wrong yet again! Oh well thats ok then, lets try mine at 1.8 at redline after the rebuild then. LOL.

Learn something new everyday!
                    sigpic
                    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                    Audi UR Quattro
                    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Yep, I can confirm, I am running 1.9 bar at 4k rpm dropping to 1.6 at redline (rev limiter raised a few hundred rpm by Mihnea), with no problems with the MAF wire..........so far.

Mihnea any news on the hot film MAF yet?

Cheers,

Mark.
                      Mark - Modded

Comment

I thought that there was something wrong with Ricardo's car, cause he broken 4 MAFs and everybody saying that it was impossible.
                        But now I had mine broken too. , and at only 1,5bar @7300rpm
                        Silver Audi RS2

Comment

By the way,
                          does anybody have a RS2 MAF to sell ?
                          Silver Audi RS2

Comment

Working...
                          X