marco- storker question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marco- storker question

If you run the 144mm con rods with the 95.5 storker crank, will our motor become a non interference motor. I am not a mathmatical engineering wizzard like you, but it would seem to me that the piston would be way out of harms way with the increased deack height. If so this would be great news to us stroker pioneers.
    Thanks
    Hans

Hans, you have to excuse my english skills, but I'm not sure I've understood what you asked.

I can say that from my calculations if you use 2.5L block (16.5mm taller) with same compression hight pistons as OEM, you'll need 155.9mm long conrods to have 0.0mm TDC piston position over cylinder.
    This way you will not have any interference issue between piston and cranckshaft at BDC because the 11.9mm longer conrod will compensate by far the 4.55mm lowering of piston at BDC due to the +9.1mm stroke.

If you instead use 2.226 block together with 144mm conrods, OEM pistons will probably intercept crank counterweights at BDC, therefore needing the skirts to be cut back.

Marco

Comment

Here in the states interference refers to valves hitting pistons. If a motor is non interference, if the timing belt snaps, nothing bad happens. On interference, if the tbelt snap, you have to shell out 2k for a head rebuild
      Hans

Comment

Ah, OK.

Well my plan is to keep piston the same hight over cylinder (0.0) than stock 3B-ABY-ADU, so that there shouldn't be any interference problem using stock head and valves.
        You said you're using 1mm oversize valves, so that you might want bigger valve pockets accordingly. But since with the setup I was thinking at the reaching of 8.5:1 CR will require 11.3cc more dish volume on piston's top (which is a pretty big volume), the dishing might free even more space than the one required for the valves.
        This will anyway be something to discuss with piston manufacturer.

Marco

Comment

In stock form, if the 20v brakes a belt, valves bend. I will look forward to my dished pistons, and not having to wory about this anymore.
          Hans

Comment

Working...
          X