Heater cools on cornering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater cools on cornering

Anyone else have this problem? My car has always done this but its more noticeable since I removed my aux radiator last week end ( and maybe the v cold weather ). Is there any special procedure to clear air pockets in the heating system ( which works fine in a straight line ). Cheers James.

Do you get excessive pressure in the cooling system? Is there any brown sediment in your system? System should self bleed, although there may be a bleed screw on top of the radiator? Is your thermostat operating correctly? Are your heater controls connected properly? Auxillary water pump operating ok and not seized or blocked?
    Without seeing vehicle can be difficult to diagnose but could be any of these. If it's only when cornering is a heater vent/flap loose and closing under cornering?
    HTH
    Chris
    A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

Thanks Chris. Found a bleed valve on heater circuit just behind the strut brace. Bled after drive into work today and hopefully cured. Thermostat new. James

Comment

I had the same problem (still have)...

no heat through the vents untill i rev my engine...

i have bled the water, changed it, replaced additional rad and changed the thermo stat.

I still have the problem but its not as bad... plus it never bothered me in the first place as all i have to do is drive the car to gget some heat.
        ABY Coupe
        sigpic

Comment

Ski, yours sounds like either water pump impeller corroded or corrosion in cooling system causing blockage. Not sure if it can be done on S2 but swapping the matrix hoses can sometimes make a huge difference.
          HTH
          Chris
          A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

hi

i have the same problem i have to rev the engine to temperature
            a question what is matrix hoses

Comment

I guess the need of revving is a feature not a fault. I have just similar behaviour.
              -

Comment

The thermostat needs to be fitted correctly top/bottom etc. I have found that my Audi had a great heater. It went in for a service at 8K with a VAG dealer and it was colder thereafter. This was caused by the timing being changed and the engine running colder.
                On my Morris Minor I have flushed the engine many times, sediment seems to build up quickly, 1k per year does a car no good! If kept flushed the heater is great. As James said there is a bleed valve near the bulkhead which is there for a purpose. Audi don't fit things that don't need to be there as it's a waste of profit. Bleeding a modern car's heating system can take all day to do properly. Do it again and again until you know it's ok. I lost a Citroen headgasket because I didn't bleed the engine properly.

IMHO

D.

Comment

Porkkis, revving is not a feature, should be hot even at idle.
                  S2an, matrix hoses are the two heater hoses going to /from the heater (matrix)
                  As Stick has noted, you must make sure your thermostat is fitted the right way up!
                  HTH
                  Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris,

I found the details about the thermostat on a cracking web site called : s2forum.com would you believe

It's amazing what's on there......

David

P.S. Chris please PM me your mobile number re reminder, I tidied my inbox yesterday!

Comment

Working...
                    X