S2 Coupe thermostat low temperature fixed and other bits fitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 Coupe thermostat low temperature fixed and other bits fitted

I replace my thermostat because the temperature would only go to about 90 deg when in traffic. when on the open road it would drop to about two notched up from cold on the temp gauge. The car ran well but just did not seem to be 100%.

After replacing the thermostat the temperature is now one notch below 90 deg all the time, it does go up a little if in heavy traffic but fan kicks in when needed.

The performance of the car has dramatically improved as well as the fuel economy.

Very please with the result.
    Parts used were original Audi
    Thermostat
    O ring seal
    Coolant

Non Audi part used
    SKF ABY Water pump

Also did other work
    Timing belt kit and pulley
    All belts
    One engine mounting.
    The other will be done when I replace the K24 7000 with a new manifold and K24 7200, in about one weeks time. Just picked up an engine speed sensor fault.

Easy to do but be prepared it took me a long time 10 hours. Bleeding the system added another 30 min to the job.

That thermostat would have given you heater temp issues, as well, so good thing you replaced it

Comment

Living on the Natal cost South Africa it never gets cold a heater is not required, would be different if I took to the snowy mountains during the winter months. Having a working aircon is more important at present.

Comment

Working...
      X