New Coolant Reservoir - Faulty Level Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Coolant Reservoir - Faulty Level Switch

Recently bought an new coolant reservoir and the low water level sensor keeps triggering the autocheck. Has anybody else had any issues with aftermarket reservoirs, or have i just got a bad one?

Typically the eBay seller is ignoring all messages

Audi 80 (8C, B4), Avant, Cabrio, Coupe. 1x Ausgleichsbehälter Kühlwasser. 1x Deckel. Es handelt sich hier um. 1.6 - RS2 quattro, 1.9 TD, 1.9 TDI. Wasserstandsanzeige (2 pol.). | eBay!
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

You sure it is not the MFTS triggering an overheat message? Triggers the same warning....

To test, remove the lead from the reservoir, and try again. If it still happens, it is your MFTS...

Comment

It's 100% the reservoir, if i unplug it the error goes away.

Comment

Yes I had this, was bought from quattro corner.
        Got one from Audi, all fine.

Comment

That's odd my one from Quattro corner works fine. Been in the motor for five year, if not more.

Comment

Well mine lasted about 100 miles, bought it a while before I got it back in the road so didn't bother chasing it up, chucked it in the bin.
            No Audi markings on it so not oem.

Comment

Bought a cheap-ish one from ebay, been fine for 4 years now!

Comment

My recollection from similar threads on here in the years gone by regarding the cooling system's "reservoir bottle" was that the best way forward in the long run, to avoid grief, was to buy oem from the dealer even though it is obviously not the lowest cost option from a monetary point of view.

HTH.

Comment

The last one i bought from the main dealer leaked along the seam from day one. It was only in there about three years. Unfortunately the connection for the radiator bleed crumbled to bits when i removed it so its in a land fill now. *sigh* guess i'll have to buy another one.

Comment

Working...
                  X