Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultrasonic injector cleaning results

Hello all.

Just a quick pic and a review of how I've got on having my Bosch upgrade 7A injectors ultrasonically cleaned.

Injectors installed now for 7 years and 45,000 miles of service. Not mega miles but according to the website of the company who cleaned them; apparently long enough for there to be detrimental deposits.

With no particular concerns over performance that I was hoping to fix, I sent them off mainly out of curiosity.

Results i think were well worth it.

The service sends them back recorded Special delivery and you get a report included showing the flow rate before and after test.

Mine had a mere 5cc/min imbalance with number 3 being a little down and the other 4 showing the same flow rate. All were down on the expected flow of a new injector.

Post cleaning all injectors now flow the same, spray pattern improved on 3 of them and there is now no apparent imbalance. Filter baskets and O rings were also changed and the old ones came back in the box.

On the road I no longer have a slight harshness between 5000-5300rpm which i have to say i am surprised at - who would have thought 5cc/min would be enough? Idle is rock solid and weirdly my exhaust note has changed at idle to be slightly more distinctive. This is really hard to describe but there seems to be more definite pulses of combustion noise than before. I am not counting this last thing as an improvement as such, it is just something i noticed which tells me that that the cleaning process has clearly affected my engine and overall for the better.

Well worth the £12.50 per injector i paid and now it is a joy to spin it up to the red line.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Nice one!

Comment

That must be running rich if these injectors are flowing 310cc at 3 bar. Is that the red ones ?
      Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

They are the red ones. 034motorsport supplied them as part of their kit. I don't think it is running rich, plugs are never black and with the decat pipe i see figures around 0.8-0.9 CO at the MOT. i have read that the grey injectors flow similar to the factory but i forget the figures, domt recall th being much less than 310c?

Comment

I just did a bit of digging out of curiosity and found a post in 2010 on a different forum discussing red v grey. Me and mike.both posted in that thread as well!

the figures for grey were given as 100-120cc in 20 secs at 4bar. Multiply by 3 for figures to match the units the red injectors are measured in and they don't seem too far apart. Wouldn't lambda control keep this in check apart from at wide open throttle when the extra fuel wouldn't.go amiss?

Comment

Interesting results. I had my original Hitachi injectors flow tested and the guy was doubled over with laughter, he had never seen anything so bad. Two of them leaked all the time, and the spray patterns were all over the place
            91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
            93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
            94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

On your output test, the reds have been tested at 3 bar. The greys flow about 240-260 at 3 bar which is what I'm running in mine. I had a set of brown ones from a Volvo t5 which flow at 305 at 3 bar and the car didn't like them at all so ended up getting the greys refurbished
              Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

If you can't get them ultrasonicly cleaned, look for an ASNU machine, just as good
                1991 S2 3B Coupe, KW v1, solid sub frames, poly bushed, chipped, about 260 ish

Comment

Working...
                X