stock rs2 to more fun rs2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock rs2 to more fun rs2

I will be coming into some money soon and am looking to put a sizeable sum into fixing/uprgading my rs2.
    I want it to handle a bit better and some more power. I understand they can be simply chipped to between 360-380hp but
    I'd like to explore whats needed and the cost of getting to 450-500hp.
    Obviously I'd like to upgrade to the big brake kit.
    Poly bushes all round.
    Supsension upgrades.
    Id like to get full silicone boost hose kit in oem black look to combat any boost leaks. Check intercooler for leaks and replace if necessary.
    Sometimes runs a bit hot so I'd look at replacing radiator etc.
    Clutch is slipping a little when putting the foot down higher in the gears. Revs go up but not much happens then it comes good and off we go
    so a new clutch is on the cards.
    Just looking for suggestions on possible options and cheapest places to buy items required.
    I know this forum has many people with the knowledge needed to point me in the right direction.
    Cheers!

ok so there are many routes you could take. I try to simplify with

modding existing or replacing with other parts.

now due to the nature of rarity of the rs2 id go for the replacing parts. then you can always go back to stock later

for me it would be.
    fuel pump - walbro or 044
    wagner short runner intake.
    wagner x member and intercooler.
    wagner manifold of tubular
    nice bb turbo
    uprated conrods.
    injectors 600cc or so.
    remap or aftermarket ecu.
    3" system throughout
    Porsche big reds or 6 pots. disc wise 993 or 996tt. brackets
    koni shocks, hr springs
    powerflex black series bushes, alloy subframe bushes,

there are a good few ways to get there but parts are becoming rarer for these cars over the last few years.
    I sourced lots of bits from the states. I used summit racing and boost factory back in the day. think (for sure) pricing has changes lots.

what you get here is lots of bits and the option to revert to stock. or nearly stock.

Comment

depends on the budget but i would stick with a chiped 360/380hp and fixing the heating issues and upgrading and fixing it to good state. if you want more power you will start with the rods and end up with almoast new engine..

Comment

Yeah I am going to fix all the heating/clutch issues etc
        Check the maf and connectors. Check/replace the n75 and diverter etc
        This along with big red brakes will all be done before any power upgrades.
        I'm just putting the feelers out at what options I have.
        Thanks for the input!

Comment

if your going to rebuild engine your looking around 4500-6000 euro. plus turbo/injectors/mapping/standalone ecu 2000-4000 euro. so that is what it would cost to go proprer on s2/rs2 engine wise. dont forgen that suspension and other stuff needs also atention.

Comment

On an RS2 I'd say keep it simple, "OEM+" like you say - mine has a hybrid K26/7 (420hp), same hoses, new rad due to overheating, already had the big brakes but just fitted KW V3s and poly bushes all round. I have subframe poly's, diff mounts, prop bushes etc to tighten it all up. Now it's not been on the road for a few years but that's another matter...

Short of it is, I went out in a member's car that was similar spec and it felt fantastic even on twisties, that was H&R/Bilstein combo but otherwise fully refreshed with hybrid turbo. Still a fair wedge of money put into it but no where near as much as full engine build and triple BB turbo's etc and still looked stock under the bonnet.
            AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

You could buy mine and save the hassle
              Cheers
              Don
              ---------------------
              Everything in perfect working order

Comment

@ Ross, I think I recall that drive!
                RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

Before you do anything go and speak to Peter Berry at What Cottage Quattro's he's an absolute wizard with anything 5cyl.

Comment

Long way from Australia though
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I would love too Don! Your car sounds great as does the power figure but I can't afford that sort of cash at the moment haha
                      Mine cost me around $35,000 aud imported, complied and on the road. Thats around $20,000 pounds.
                      For $40,000 pounds I could spend another $35,000 aud on it!
                      I think I'm just going to go down the route of full refresh and remap possibly with hybrid turbo.

Comment

Working...
                      X