RS2 Overboost and surging issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dr.strangelove View Post

I'm not the expert, you are. NevertheIess, I've never had an overboost problem with my stock chips or the stage 1+ ones I bought off ebay for like $40 and there were plenty of mechanical nuances from the factory setup, including exhaust variations. Based on this experience and knowing that there are more closed-loop programs that are more sensitive to physical/mechanical differences, I'm arguing that your tunes likely fall into this category. Now I'm sure that there are advantages to this approach, including performance since the tune can be optimized for a specific application. As well, there are obvious commercial advantages. The downside is having to deal with you again or just cutting their losses and moving on.

Those Stage 1+ chips you bought have all failsafes turned off. That's why it works, because the ECU does not cut boost or fuel no matter what happens.
    If that's how you want to roll, that's your choice. Not how correct tuning should be done and not how I do things. Maybe that's why I never blew up anyone's engine with my Stage 1 software even though hundreds of copies have been sold.

As for commercial viability or dealing with me - dude it's ****ing 2018. I don't even tune cars on this ECU, I fit standalones to them.
    I probably do 1 or 2 a year at this point because they are so rare.

What's your point besides bitching about things you don't understand and making yourself look dumb in the process?
    None of the things you have written so far have anything to do with how ECU's work or what's going on in this case. Do yourself a favor and at least read m232.org.
    There's no need to assume things and be wrong about them, when there's documentation out there about how things actually work.
    Last edited by prj; 6 September 2018, 22:51.
    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Can file this under Alice in wonderland for the ignorant. Plenty abound and one every five minutes.

Comment

Dmitry still fighting with us

Guys,
        Believe me, he never lies, makes tricks and enters into a nasty dispute or something like that. He always helps, even when he is angry. Or if he does not want to help, you better wait for aliens!!

If you read carefully, without emotion and without bias, he clearly hinted, that after changing the exhaust manifold, the catalysts and the downpipe the back pressure has decreased, i.e., the turbine has become more "efficient".
        As a result WGDC is more than needed and current N75 DC will "push" turbo to increase boost pressure over the limit (max boost pressure limit) and safety procedure in software will cut the N75 for a while, then pressure will rise again, then cut again and again and again.
        Result: you have yours cases!!!

What is the conclusion - the N75DC map must be changed i.e. values must be decreased to have stable pressure in intake manifold (or increase max boost pressure - it’s dangerous). The stock or 40$ chips has less values in WGDC map and boost pressure map than PRJ Stage 1 and this hardware mods failed to push the turbine to increase the pressure above the limit.

This fact gives you information and proof that PRJ Stage 1 is tuned to get the most out (the best) of your engine's stock configuration. And a little improvement in the hardware configuration unleashes values above the limit. And stock settings and $40 chips after hardware mods are still below the limits or this “safety” limits are set to be no longer safety .
        You can make the conclusions about the quality of the settings by yourself. (For stock soft, this was the requirement, not a mistake or bad quality).

So much emotion without a desire to understand the writing.

If you want to discuss and dispute with Dmitry for prjmod, the example is not appropriate.

Find something meaningful and then "fight" with him if you can this will be fun

I feel that some guys burn with a desire to argue

Dmitry, why you act in this way on people still amazes me you're trying to help and help real, but instead of gratitude, you get shi***** on your head (figuratively) and sorry for this words

Comment

Working...
        X