No announcement yet.

AAT / 7A / 3B engine oil suction pipe ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAT / 7A / 3B engine oil suction pipe ?

I have AAT engine block, today i crack one of the mounts of the suction AAT pipe but with the O ring, but ETKa says there must be and gasket and no o ring. What is better to use on stroker engine with AAT block? Suction pipe with o ring or suction pipe with gasket?
    Here is picture of my "skill" I know, i ****ed up

image uploader

Cheers
    Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Personally I would go gasket for seal and fit.

Comment

Gasket or ring is not the issue.
      I'm thinking of better oil intake option and perhaps I better like pre-facelift NG 10V suction pipe better because of more fine/small grill cells on the intake (better filtration probably). And no damn rubber cap which always turns into a plastic in hot oil.

Comment

simon20vq Why? I can get one piece with gasket, but isnt better o ring solution?

_ShurikeN U can modify the OEM one, cant you? That rubber/plastic cap can be removed and use it without...i look today on this

Comment

I would not recommend to take off the rubber cap, it lowers the level where the pipe sucks the oil in, it's just on the bottom of the sump. Without the rubber it sucks few cm higher and there's a bigger chance it suck air on hard lauches or cornering.

And personally I think the O-ring is safer than the gasket, but it's propably not any issues to use either one. I bought a new rubber cap, it will hold for 20 years or so.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
          Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
          BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
          BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

[QUOTE=Tom_;n2006831]simon20vq Why? I can get one piece with gasket, but isnt better o ring solution? Because I'm old and old skool

Comment

Thuppu I have chance to get a old one with gasket, no one have o ring So do you think, that could be a problem to the future?

Comment

It will propably be fine. Just remember to use the locking plate for the bolts.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

U mean this? 035115259 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_ View Post
                    That rubber/plastic cap can be removed and use it without...i look today on this
                    Just removing rubber cap without doing anything else is a bad option.
                    Using another suction pipe which was intended to be used without rubber cap and has other design looks a better option to me. Grill with smaller cells could be considered as an advantage too.

I have a new rubber cap in my stash and advice everybody to have it too. I believe it will soon be discontinued.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_ View Post
                      U mean this? 035115259 ?
                      Seems right yes.

BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Working...
                      X