Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Turbo for a rally S2

Good morning

If you had to choose today the best turbo for an S2 with no money limit what would be your choice?

It should be a fast charging turbo and keep the blow.

What injectors and Fuel pump?

I'm thinks in a gtx3071r and Bosch 750cc ev14

P. D: It's for a track day
    Last edited by MOTORHOOLIGAN; 31 December 2017, 14:16.

EFR 6258 or 6758.

Or a similar sized Xona Rotor turbo.
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
    2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
    2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
    1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
    1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

You are writing rally... on rally you always have a restrictor, or the car is not a serious rally car.
      So all those turbos suggested are pointless, as the max you will make on a FIA 34mm restrictor is around 330hp.
      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
        You are writing rally... on rally you always have a restrictor, or the car is not a serious rally car.
        So all those turbos suggested are pointless, as the max you will make on a FIA 34mm restrictor is around 330hp.
        Sorry for the confusion. When I say rally imagine a car free of restrictions as a group B. The limitations of an S2 for group A are very large

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
          EFR 6258 or 6758.

Or a similar sized Xona Rotor turbo.
          Great! Thanks a lot.

I'm don't know anything about this. Do you know any S2/S4 whit this?

Comment

So then it all becomes pointless.
            There is no FIA rally without power restriction, so it is not a rally car in any way.

The question is formulated incorrectly and there is no possible answer to it.

The biggest you can keep reliably spooled with a proper ALS system is probably the EFR7163, but it is pointless.
            I don't think anyone here needs this much power on a proper rally circuit.

Have you driven rally on gravel? snow? Any experience? I recommend to try, I think first time even with 150hp will be a challenge and for hobby level the stock turbo with a remap is very good.
            http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
              So then it all becomes pointless.
              There is no FIA rally without power restriction, so it is not a rally car in any way.

The question is formulated incorrectly and there is no possible answer to it.

The biggest you can keep reliably spooled with a proper ALS system is probably the EFR7163, but it is pointless.
              I don't think anyone here needs this much power on a proper rally circuit.

Have you driven rally on gravel? snow? Any experience? I recommend to try, I think first time even with 150hp will be a challenge and for hobby level the stock turbo with a remap is very good.
              Sorry if I did not ask the right question

It's only for a closed circuit with good floor. Imagine you have to run in Nurburgring with no limits. Your sole purpose is enjoy an make you happy
              Last edited by MOTORHOOLIGAN; 30 December 2017, 23:06.

Comment

Originally posted by MOTORHOOLIGAN View Post

Great! Thanks a lot.

I'm don't know anything about this. Do you know any S2/S4 whit this?
                Haven't installed mine (7163) yet but @diesel_des could give you some good info. I'm sure there are others, but I cannot think of who at the moment.
                Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
                2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
                2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
                1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
                1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

the garrett turbos aren't so good for our I5 engines.. as we have not so much capacity we need high pressure ratios from the compressor wheel.. when you look at borgwarner compressor wheels, you will see that they do the trick much better.. if you want a lot of power, use the k26 as base turbo and put a 3071O oder N compressor wheel on it, or even bigger like a 3371O compressor wheel.. with 3371O you will have full boost at about 4000rpm and can rev it to about 7500rpm.. the building costs of this turbo are not more than a comparable garrett turbo..
                  1990 Audi 100 2.2 Turbo Quattro with VEMS, K24 2480, ported and milled 10v head

Comment

I have an interest in quick spool turbos and have used gt2871r, gtx2867r, efr 6758 and 7163. The gtx2867 is very nice for quick spool and just over 400 hp, the efr 6758 spools similar but made 450bhp on my car. The 7163 is bigger and took a quick spool valve to get 6758 response back.

But for the ring, you don't need supper response. A gt30r would be fine or even a gt35. But again a GTi golf driven by someone who knows where they are going will be faster on the ring...

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
                      I have an interest in quick spool turbos and have used gt2871r, gtx2867r, efr 6758 and 7163. The gtx2867 is very nice for quick spool and just over 400 hp, the efr 6758 spools similar but made 450bhp on my car. The 7163 is bigger and took a quick spool valve to get 6758 response back.

But for the ring, you don't need supper response. A gt30r would be fine or even a gt35. But again a GTi golf driven by someone who knows where they are going will be faster on the ring...

Thanks a lot

Im thinks a gtx3071r Gen2 is not a bad thing. But I'm not sure for the AR I'm doubt in 61 or 83

And other doubt it's for a Simple T3 or twin scroll. I'm thinks twin scroll is a good thing for a 4 cilinderhead and a good exhaust manifold created for this, but in a L5 i don't know the way to work it

Comment

Describe your application more and other details of the car and engine. Gtx3071r gen 2 looks like it will do 500 hp easily enough which is close to the max a gt 30 turbine in a 0.82 ar housing can flow. It's overall compressor efficiency looks average at best with a peak of only 72%

Comment

Im running a 3076 gen2 on mine with 0.82. Stock engine only rods have Bern changed
                          atm its on 506 hp its not done with mapping
                          it comes on hard a around 4000-4300 rpm

Comment

Originally posted by s2dk
                            Im running a 3076 gen2 on mine with 0.82. Stock engine only rods have Bern changed
                            atm its on 506 hp its not done with mapping
                            it comes on hard a around 4000-4300 rpm
                            What spec is the engine and what fuel and boost? On normal petrol you may have a few more bhp, but you are close to the limit of the gt30 turbine and 0.82 housing. I suspect a gen 2 gtx3071r would make similar power with better response on pump petrol as both are limited by the turbine not the compressor.

Comment

Engine is Stock aby with upgrade rods
                              ex mani is turbular But dont know who build it
                              inlet is full 3” piping with ported tb and a furans full race manifold
                              840 cc@3 bar running 2 bar at max on 99 vpower

i still Think there should be alot more power let with a better map made
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X