Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erls Water Injection

hi
    ive just bought a brand new water injection kit for my urs4 avant (mines the one with the 250,000miles on the clock)
    before i fit it does anybody know much about the performance etc with water and my engine?
    im just trying to find out a bit before i dive in head first.
    the only reason i bought it was.......
    i bought some s4 legs with calipers and new shox, drive shafts etc and the water was thrown in to secure a deal!
    ive at last got normal brakes, them crappy UFO'S can at last come off!!!!
    well any help or advise is greatly appricated as always.
    thanks
    dave

Dave, water injection wont make any difference if your car is stock. It's really useful on motors running high boost and temps to avoid the onset of detonation. I have heard however, that it helps to keep the combustion chambers clean of carbon deposits.

hth
    Steve
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

oh thanks for that
      im going to get it upto around 280bhp then see what it goes like then maybe onto 350 or more but its all down to cash flow at the mo
      i realy want an S8 but at 12k for the cheapest tattyest examples dont have the cash not only that but if and when i do get one it cant stay standard now can it?
      also im getting some work done on the house soon so its going to be tight for a while
      im even thinking about selling the water injection as i only took it on so i could get the legs and brakes cheap
      know anybody for water??????????
      thanks for the reply

Comment

how much do you want for it?

Comment

ummmmmmmmm
          it owes me £250
          it is a erls part number 806-002 it is a SYSTEM 1s
          its all there and inc's
          water pump, 40a relay, tap for the injecters, wire loom, adjustable pressure switch, 0.5.0.6,0.7 water injecters, 2x 1.5m nylon white water hose, stainless steel pick up filter and of course the box!!
          it costs £385 everwhere but i guess if you can chatt people up give them a bit of speal and with a bit of good luck you might get it for around the £250-£300 mark
          to be honset id like my money back thats all then i can get me a 280bhp chip sooner!!

here is a link to a site were they are selling it for £361 inc vat

http://www.partsforsaabs.com/default.php?cPath=28_183

i just want to get it either on the car and see what happens or im not to botherd ill sell it.

Comment

Working...
          X