Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issue with my 2.3 20v 7A

Hi.

A few months ago I rebuilded the engine of my 2.3 20v 7A, but I had an issue and I cant see the problem...

When I am trying to regulate the idling, if I discotect the additional air valve, the idling goes perfectly, I connect it and regulate the idling after as indicated in the manual.

the problem is that in ocasions the engine loss the idling and it power off.

I changed the additional air valve, the throttle valve and the problem persist, I checked the temperature sensor, the throttle ramp and all is ok...

Does anyone know how to fix it?

thanx

early 7a with the hitachi ISV or later model with the bosch model?
    Also check all vacuum lines for leaks
    1967 fiat 500 future project
    1976 audi 100 coupe S
    1989 vw corrado 16V
    1989 audi 90 quattro 20V sport
    1994 audi RS2 project
    1994 audi RS2 parts car
    1995 audi RS2 project

Comment

it´s the hitach ISV, I checked the vauum pipes and it seems well

Comment

My 7A sometimes does this after I've had the battery disconnected. The idle can bounce around but it doesn't actually cut out. My fix is to take it for a 20 minute drive and redline in it 2nd and 3rd once it's warmed up. After I've done that, the idle settles down and causes no more problems
        Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

The idle valve PWM value is learnt by the ECU over time, so you may find it gets better with more starts, hot, cold etc.

Presume you mean fuse in the fuel pump relay and set ideal speed when you mean the manual procedure?

What are your CO figures at idle? This can affect things... Fix is adjust the MAF with a connected CO meter.

Comment

Hi!

I had done about 1000km with the rebuild engine, and, in the first km, I had pulls problems. We checked all the petrol system, we cleaned the fuel bomb and we put a new fuel pump relay.
            We fixed the pulls and now we had this problem.

We reguled de MAF with CO meter connected and all seems ok....

Comment

I ran my 7A accidentally for a few journeys with the temp sensor (at rear of head) disconnected, it had idling issues when like this. Maybe since you've rebuilt the engine it'd be worth checking you've reconnected this?

Comment

We checked the temp sensor and the values are ok...
                maybe the sensor fail when it wants...

I think that its better to change it and try again

Comment

I also think some times its wise to check yours checks, just incase you missed something. It maybe when the air valve is unplugged it over fuels that's why its better. Could be a little crap in one off the injectors. Only a thought. Hope you get to the bottom of it. Good luck.

Comment

also check the throttle potmeter, that triggers the ISV to operate. if the resistance is not within range (bad contacts) the ISV will do nothing

Comment

If you are happy the sensors measure ok in terms of resistance, volts etc make sure the electrical connector that plugs on to them is in good order. You can have a brand new sensor and it do nothing if you plug has crumbled internally. I had coolant sensor issues due to its plug is falling to bits. As a result I checked them all and found others were crumbling. The plastic was of that age so all of them were changed.

Comment

Finally I think that we find the problem...
                        We had had bad connexion with the fuse box, when we touched it, the car turn off.
                        This is why the car runs well sometimes and in others it goes very bad

Thank you all for the help

Comment

Let us know which wire you fix, it could be helpful for the future! Glad you have found the problem.

Comment

I need to ask the mechanic, I didnt stay when he fix it.
                            But the problem was with the admision. He checked with the vagcom and the alerts are in one ocasion the caudalimeter, in others the idle valve or the knock sensor...

If anyone has a similar problem, is good to check the wires

Comment

Good job, and thanks for coming back to let us know

Comment

Working...
                              X