How To make it pops and bangs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To make it pops and bangs ?

Hi all.Just wondering if there is any way to make my S2 to pop and bang from the exhaust ?It have got 3" exhaust system with only rear silencer .It's been mapped by Auto mark and it was running fairly reach when tested by Mark.It will pop from time to time but it's only occasionally. It might sound silly but I love that sound when it does it

but it would make you look and sound like a div....
    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

agree, in all seriousness, having been rallying today, the cars, even the turbo ones, just weren't farting, popping or banging much. (certainly not like chav central) It's more induction noise in Motorsport or for turbos wastegate noise. Seriously fast cars are rarely the noisiest... Hope this helps you save some money.
      85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

I respect the answer boys but really?Do you think S1,RS4 B5 etc etc sounds silly when they pop from the exhaust ???????I don't think so

Comment

S1E2's (and all rally quattros) only do it (and sometimes belch flame) when they are driven seriously hard for a decent amount of time and everything is properly red hot., it's over fueling vapour ignition in the red hot exhaust .. To answer your question, you need to replicate that over fueling into the exhaust by other means.

I beleive there are kits available that inject unburnt fuel into the exhaust. and also provide a spark to make up for the lack of exhaust temperature. Hopefully this helps...

More modern cars (RS5'setc) replicate the noise in a similar way.

The alternative cannon fire is anti-lag....
          85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
          93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

But how to get flames? I would like flames like this: https://youtu.be/UTYlJolezYE

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
            Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
            BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
            BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

i know it can be added to the map on modern cars. not sure how ? timing and fuel maybe. My golf R pops and bangs on over run, childish but i love it

Comment

Originally posted by adampug11 View Post
                i know it can be added to the map on modern cars. not sure how ? timing and fuel maybe. My golf R pops and bangs on over run, childish but i love it
                In new cars like Golf R And Focus RS it's all done by ECM .But I would love to get my car to do it as well.I think Mark mention something about adjusting shutting off fuel on taking off foot of the throttle??

Comment

Find a decent hill, learn it, then drive up it fast. Then, on the way down you will hear the desired noise! You have to earn your pops and bangs, you can't buy them!

Comment

Disabled overrun fuel cutoff and altered ignition.

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
                      Disabled overrun fuel cutoff and altered ignition.
                      How to disable overrun fuel ?

Comment

you mean like a modern loud car - RS3, AMG etc? That is engineered sound. Overrun fuel cut delay is the easiest way, and/or flat shift ignition cut/ignition retard. To be honest, it gets old quickly. The old way of doing it is better (driving the **** off it)
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

3.44 in this video is what you want

Comment

My old S2 - with soft banging

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AlgjrOD73E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUv7rbDVtCA

[__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

No I'm not after noise like modern cars I'm exactly after sound like on the videos blackS2 posted

Comment

Working...
                              X