Fuel Lines for RS2 (ADU)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Lines for RS2 (ADU)

I shall embarking on a bit of a refurb for my RS2 in a couple of months and want to get all the bits together before I start, does anyone know if the fuel lines (as a set) are still available?

I did see them on Audi Tradition a while back and they were in the wrong category! They were very expensive, from memory about £170 per line! I've bought 8mm copper nickel pipe and I'm making up my own set. Doesn't look too difficult and everything will cost less than £100. My whole car is stripped so its fairly easy access. Not sure how you will fair if yours isn't. You might need to cut the pipes where they start to go up into the bulkhead and fit 8mm stainless connectors (as per other threads here). The corrosion is found towards the rear, under the clips.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

If you are buying genuine lines you will need to take the engine out to get them in too
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Fhttp://trshop.audi.de/konakart/SelectProd.do?prodId=39375&manufacturer=manufactur er&category=Fuel+tanks%2C+pipes%2C+exhaust+system% 2C+heating&name=PIPE&model=0001

Found them again. Full set for 292 euro. Not too bad then!

Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Going to be fun posting them
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
            If you are buying genuine lines you will need to take the engine out to get them in too
            Are you sure Greg, I have done a Quattro turbo fuel lines before and that being pretty similar I would have thought it would be possible, we had to raise the car on ramps to do it but it worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
              Fhttp://trshop.audi.de/konakart/SelectProd.do?prodId=39375&manufacturer=manufactur er&category=Fuel+tanks%2C+pipes%2C+exhaust+system% 2C+heating&name=PIPE&model=0001

Found them again. Full set for 292 euro. Not too bad then!
              I saw them on Audi Tradition last week and would have preferred a new set rather than used, although they`re in "mint" condition apparently.

Comment

I think these are new old stock hence they describe the condition from storage. Don't think they sell anything 'second hand'.
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

They fit my Avant to so I might just jump in as well. I'm getting cold feed over making up a copy set
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I don't see a problem making your own fuel lines. Flaring tool is cheap, job itself takes some time but is easy and you can use the tool for brake lines too. Connections are reusable or can be bought new, pipes depends on what is available at your location or what you want - copper, aluminum, steel.

Comment

Ok, I'll give it a go I've already got the pipe and a flaring tool so no excuse really.
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by rustybullethole View Post

Are you sure Greg, I have done a Quattro turbo fuel lines before and that being pretty similar I would have thought it would be possible, we had to raise the car on ramps to do it but it worked fine.
                        from memory, it was a few years back there wasn’t room to manoeuvre the lines in without removing the bonnet at and various other items at the least as it is quite tight round the master cylinder too. I didn’t do it that way in the end. It may be possible but given the price of the lines, fabricating your own is likely the better choice

Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Removing subframe would make fuel lines change easier. Removing engine would hardly add much benefit. It works at least with LHD cars.

Comment

Two out of three pipes made. A bit like fighting two long snakes in a pit! Unfortunately, one 25ft spool of pipe is 2ft short to make all three so I have ordered another 25ft!
                            I found it a help to tape the new pipe alongside the old so I matched all the bends as best as possible as I went along.
                            Hope it all fits.
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                            X