ABZ v8 tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABZ v8 tuning

Hi guys. I’m new to the forum and am thinking of going from an mrc tuned b5 s4 to a v8 converted b4.

I wanted to ask if anyone knew how to increase the bhp without going down some bonkers expensive route.

I was thinking. Would a different v8 cam fit from another model? Is there a better intake manifold to use? Would porting and polishing work? Do you need to change the valve train for higher rev limiter etc etc.

I wouldn’t want to turbo it..... yet...

It’s an abz block.

Any help appreciated.

Aidan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S8 cams from what i understand.

Comment

Thanks, do you know what engine code that would be?

Comment

I wouldn't expect any spectacular power increase on normally aspirated engine.

Comment

Ahc and akh engine maybe. I wonder if I’d need new valve train with new cams.

Comment

Originally posted by piotr
            I wouldn't expect any spectacular power increase on normally aspirated engine.
            Yes I know it’ll not be huge. But it’s more about useable power and reliability. I’ve got a 450 bhp twin turbo at the minute and it’s great but almost too much for the roads where I live.

Comment

Waste of time.
              http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by prj
                Waste of time.
                Fancy giving me a bit more info please?

Comment

I guess it's just that for all the hassle and amount of money you will gain such a small improvement that it is just waist of time and money. I would just stick to your S4

Comment

Yeah it’s more of a project that will eventually be turboed. The b5’s are amazing cars but highly strung. A single turbo b5 would be much better.

Comment

The only option other than turbocharging which is relatively good bang for buck would be nitrous oxide,for what you would spend tuning an n/a engine for power you could buy a b7 rs4 engine which are over 400hp from the factory,but it kind of makes it all irrelevant if the plan would be to turbo it anyway...save the money for that
                      It's a love/hate relationship with the S2,i love it,it hates me

Comment

Put the K&N filter on it.no more power but it will sound lovely

Comment

400hp V8 - easy, just buy a BNS out of a B7 RS4
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Put the V8 out of a B7 RS4 into a UrS6, more room in the engine bay and just as much fun, and Audi it with their LHD UrS6+ cars so you would have oem custom parts that you might be able to utilise.

But it won't a cheap exercise even doing the work yourself, as mentioned it might be cheaper to just buy an S2 or UrS6 and make it RS2+ and leave it at that.

Either way your wallet will take a hammering, it might well be cheaper to deal with the devil you know with your existing B5.

The other man's grass is not always as green and you might think.

Best wishes.

Comment

Working...
                            X