Can someone help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me?

Can someone please tell me what those two small holes is for?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Hoses pass through to the carbon canister behind the wing on the stock car
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
      Hoses pass through to the carbon canister behind the wing on the stock car
      Thanks for the answer Why i wonder is because I just bought an s2, very cheap. Those two hoses and some cables was burned by the turbo as you can see here. Do I need those hoses? And what about the cables?
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

The cables in that area are potentially very important for engine running - MAF, WGFV to name a couple - hard to see what is burnt in the pic.

I dont know what the most technically correct / safest / eco-friendly approach would be to delete the carbon canister, but if I recall correctly its only used to treat evaporated fuel fumes from the tank - allowing them to be vented into (consumed by) the engine during overrun mostly. As I type this I realise I never spent any time looking at this little sub-system so apologies if I have it wrong.

My best guess at deleting the EVAP system properly is as follows:

- At the EVAP valve (N80) at rear of engine underneath inlet manifold - check there is no unmetered air going to get in - blank that hose off. If you unplug the N80 valve then it will raise a fault code on the ECU (unless it has been mapped out).

- Blank off the hose coming from fuel tank to the carbon canister.

Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

The carbon canister circuit is the tank vent - you need to keep that line open not blocked
          I have mine vented to atmosphere via a stainless filter behind the rear bumper.
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Ah yeah - good clarification there Alex - one cannot block the tank ventilation (otherwise expansion of fumes on a hot day could get interesting in a bad way). I guess Audi decided it was more eco friendly to vent the tank into the engine via the carbon canister & evap solenoid... adding a bunch of extra pipes, more weight, the control valve and ECU involvement of course - an early step on the path to the bazillion lines of software and interconnected controllers in every modern day car.

The rear bumper vent location sounds ideal by the way.
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Well, I think emissions laws outlawed atmo venting back in the 90s. I expect Audi were ahead of the curve so to speak.
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I’m very thankful for all your answers I couldn’t resist buying this one, but I’m sure it was a great deal but a lot to do

Comment

Working...
                X