Breather system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breather system

What problems arise from a blocked or not fully functioning breather system peeps, thanks

Oil consumption and excess pressure vents from there where its easiest. Oil cap, ect
    Last edited by Kiku; 18 August 2018, 07:46.
    1990 2.2 20VT Audi Coupe Quattro
    *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R
    1990 Audi 200 20v Avant 2.2 20VT *7 Seater *Full electric gizmos

Comment

What's said above....the crank case needs to vent and it will find the easiest path.. in my experience, I've had a breather system freeze on me in winter and it blew all valve cover gaskets and cam half moon seals. It gets messy and it's not cool. I'd make sure it works. It's not super complicated...I have always kept my systems stock.

Comment

I've have a carbon odour coming through the heater system when idling at lights etc. It's worse when the engine has been revved through the gears. It's got to be a breathing issue. Any ideas from where....big thanks....ps engine runs well otherwise...

Comment

Looks like I've sorted this issue, I found a slight oil leak from the oil feed to the turbo. Pulled it apart resealed the joint and all looks good. It's amazing the size of the pipe when consider today's micro bore pipes.

Comment

Working...
          X