AAN main bearing caps question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAN main bearing caps question.

my AAN building is going to begin soon.i came across getting another AAN block for free but it's missing the main bearing caps and crankshaft.the question is can i use the main bearing caps from another AAN and have it line bore and hone?or they need the NEW main bearing caps in order to get line bore and hone to match this bare AAN block?
    one of a few I5 from Asia.

Everything new is the way you building a new block .

Comment

The caps are line bored to each engine case. You should not be used from something else. Although you can get them line bored but I don't think it's a good move fella. Your better off starting with a good engine. You do not want to do it twice.
      Also it will cost more time and money,and heartache. DON'T do it !!!.

Comment

just received the main caps back but decided to rebuild on another running aan.Thanks.i have 4 bare aan blocks laying and been thinking to rebuild from one of them since it's PITA to tear another AAN apart but if it's worth,i will rebuild it on complete running aan.

Comment

Good move chap You will have peace of mind all is 100% when its back together. Kind regards Lynn.

Comment

Originally posted by LSG View Post
            Good move chap You will have peace of mind all is 100% when its back together. Kind regards Lynn.
            Thanks mate.will let you guy know how this thing turn out.it would be a tad slow moved building since i'm working 6/7.
            Greeting from Thailand,Pop

Comment

. Look forward to seeing how you get on fella. Best off luck

Comment

Working...
              X