Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cylinder head rebuild parts and sources 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cylinder head rebuild parts and sources 2018

    Currently having my S2 ABY head gasket changed so thought I would post all parts needed for the job and where I got them, as it's not easy to source many bits these days. Hopefully will help others doing a similar job.

    Victor Reinz head gasket kit 02-29335-01 £136.87
    Victor Reins head bolt set 21184 £33.60
    SKF water pump metal impeller VKPC81612 054121004AX £28.27
    SKF guide pulley VKM21052 078109244 £21.25
    Oil pressure switch JP 8193500200 056919081E £3.96
    Coolant flange Topran 109634 034121143E £2.24
    White head sensor Febi 36418 £10.24

    All the above parts I bought from onlinecarparts.co.uk. Although it's a .co.uk website all parts come from Germany but I had all parts within 5 days. I can't recommend them though as they folded my head gasket set to fit it in a small box. So I had to send it back as it was obviously damaged.

    MFTS sensor JP 1193200400 £23.16
    Timing belt Gates 5269XS £15.42
    Thermostat Gates 069121113 £12
    Turbo exhaust gasket Elring 277886 035129589D £10.45
    Turbo line core plug U101A-B1 035103111B £16
    Core plugs block 36.6mm x4 012VG0010 £1 each

    The above parts I bought from ebay from different sellers.

    G12+ spec antifreeze x3 976AA0050 £7.50 each
    Bought this from GSF

    G40 cam position sensor Bosch 0232101020 £61.10
    Bought from Opie oils

    After receiving the damaged head gasket set I decided to order an Ajusa head gasket set from ebay 52101100 for £80.

    Will update with more later.

    I'm not suggesting the above are the best or cheapest sources but hopefully it will help some people. Gave up with audi dealer as they can't supply most parts needed. Water pump and crank bolt NLA.


    1995 Audi S2 Avant

  • #2
    Onlinecarparts is part of the Auto Doc group - Take care! They folded my sump gasket as well and I never got a refund or replacement. They do sell good parts at a good price but customer services for after sales is non existent!
    You can get the original coolant flange from TPS. With a new seal and bolt it was £20. I personally wouldn't risk using the Topran item there. Useful thread. Well done.
    S2 Avant in restoration
    S3 Sportback daily
    Terrecan parts collector

    Comment


    • #3
      Yup - good luck getting a refund of Autodoc. Absolute ******s.
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

      Comment


      • #4
        Be careful with the oil pressure switch and MFTS. I replaced these parts when doing an engine rebuild because I thought I had just as well replace new for old. I sourced the parts from Auto Doc, I think they were both Metzger brand. The Mfts made the temp gauge read high and the oil pressure sender ( bigger one ) sent the gauge to five bar on first start up and never moved, turn ign off , down to zero ign on back to five. Replaced them with original sensors and all was fine. I don't know if you are planning to do the core plugs in the head, if not I think you would be wise to. I never done mine and a couple of years down the line the rear one started leaking, no fun replacing that with the engine in situ!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
          Onlinecarparts is part of the Auto Doc group - Take care! They folded my sump gasket as well and I never got a refund or replacement. They do sell good parts at a good price but customer services for after sales is non existent!
          You can get the original coolant flange from TPS. With a new seal and bolt it was £20. I personally wouldn't risk using the Topran item there. Useful thread. Well done.
          Yep I've heard mixed stories about them. Have used them before with no problems. For the cost saving I thought it was worth a try. All would have been perfect if they packed it in a suitable box.

          They have been quick to respond but clearly they have no idea. Told me their technical team said the head gasket would be fine to use on my engine! No chance. Then they sent me a free returns label which was fair enough. It has arrived with them back in Germany
          1995 Audi S2 Avant

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            Yup - good luck getting a refund of Autodoc. Absolute ******s.
            Sounds like you have some experience here Alex. Will let you know how I get on. Seems to be a few different sites, which are basically Autodoc with slightly different shop windows.
            1995 Audi S2 Avant

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jeffstoo View Post
              Be careful with the oil pressure switch and MFTS. I replaced these parts when doing an engine rebuild because I thought I had just as well replace new for old. I sourced the parts from Auto Doc, I think they were both Metzger brand. The Mfts made the temp gauge read high and the oil pressure sender ( bigger one ) sent the gauge to five bar on first start up and never moved, turn ign off , down to zero ign on back to five. Replaced them with original sensors and all was fine. I don't know if you are planning to do the core plugs in the head, if not I think you would be wise to. I never done mine and a couple of years down the line the rear one started leaking, no fun replacing that with the engine in situ!
              Thanks I will keep that in mind with the oil pressure switch. JP parts seem to be good. Read a lot of posts about MFTS about how some read too high. Was it the Meyle? I can't remember now. JP part seems to read correctly so I will give it a try. Ordered head core plugs from audi but NLA. I meant to look elsewhere so thanks for the reminder
              1995 Audi S2 Avant

              Comment


              • #8
                That's strange regarding core plugs being NLA. I bought one at the end of April this year and another at the end of August, the part no was AN 011 908 5. Of course they could have became NLA since then but may be worth another try.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Useful info point this Michael well done mate. Haven't seen any pics of yours for a while I know it's difficult this time of year hope you and your car are good.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X