Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cambelt back plate

Can this be fitted without having to take the cambelt off

I don't think so because isn't there a hole which fits over the water pump pulley? if so you won't be able to get past the water pump without removing the belt.

I'm a fan of making life easier for yourself and although removing things in the way of whatever job you are doing may take some time, it always makes the job go easier and often quicker overall

Comment

Ahhh. Found picture.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Nice backplate mine is plastic and brittle with bits missing now

Comment

What about cable tie the belt to the top pulley remove that bit without disturbing the bottom bit maybe Should change the backplate really as it's fooooked but don't need to fit a new belt as it's only done 10,000 miles and could do without the expense of it all

Comment

Yours is plastic? I'm guessing that must be ABY of other engine then? 7a and 3b are steel, might be worth digging up a pic of the ABY backplate to see if it is any differnet around the water pump. I've no idea on how it interacts with the oilpump/idler pulley on ABY. in the pic you can see the back plate is bolted to the top bolts in the oil pump, importantly it is on top of the pump and therefore easily lifted off.

I've seen someone tie wrap belt to top pulley and remove it. Seemed to work alright and as long as the belt sits properly in the bottom pulley and your marks all line up at the start of the job and the end of the job it will work.

Comment

You can also use tip x and mark the bottom pulley and belt that is always a good move fella although I guess the first thing is to find the pesky part first. Good luck regards Lynn

Comment

This is a plastic ABY backing plate, you'll seriously struggle to replace it without removing the cam belt I'd say. Just mark it up with tipex as above, don't move anything and you should be fine.
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Don't suppose this is for sale is it

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                    Don't suppose this is for sale is it
                    Sorry but I need this one and it looks like they are NLA from tradition else you could have had this one. Part number 054109145F.

Comment

Comment

Quick, someone make a mould from a good second hand one before they all end of missing bits!

Comment

I think it’s possible to use an AAN one, you just have to trim it a bit as the small water and boost pipe for the DV which go behind it are routed slightly differently, don’t hold me to that though, I think there is a thread about it somewhere.

Comment

Maybe I ended up fitting AAN water pipes by mistake and thats why the back plate got pushed forward

Comment

Working...
                            X