Heat Shields for RS2 and S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat Shields for RS2 and S2

I'm trying to replace the rusty heat shields on my RS2 but so far I'm struggling to find any for sale. Just wondered if someone on the forum can point me to a source that I've missed or if someone has a NOS piece sitting on a shelf that they'd like to move along?

I'm looking for:

Rear muffler heat shield 8A0804171A

Fuel tank heat shield 8A0201308K

Fuel tank heat shield 8A0201308M

Fuel tank heat shield 8D0201307B [I think this might be the same as new part# 8A0 201 307] Audi Tradition say that they have the 307B fuel tank shield, but it looks totally different to the shield in the parts diagrams. Can anyone confirm this new product is right for our cars? https://trshop.audi.de/konakart/Sele...ELD&model=0001

Thanks!
    Last edited by npvpositive; 28 May 2019, 13:33.
    Nick

1995 Audi RS2 . . . plus a few other old German cars

The part in the link dosent pnp fit our car. Its a bit different and needs rewelding and cutting

Comment

Originally posted by s2dk View Post
      The part in the link dosent pnp fit our car. Its a bit different and needs rewelding and cutting
      Ok. The part number is correct for our cars, but the photo certainly looks wrong!
      Nick

Comment

Does anyone know if this 2WD rear muffler shield is identical to the one on our RS2/S2cars? The part number is the same, 8A0804171 . . . just no A on the end.

https://trshop.audi.de/konakart/Sele...ATE&model=0001

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by npvpositive View Post
          Does anyone know if this 2WD rear muffler shield is identical to the one on our RS2/S2cars? The part number is the same, 8A0804171 . . . just no A on the end.

https://trshop.audi.de/konakart/Sele...ATE&model=0001
          Looks the same. I made up new ones from aluminium sheet. The above one was very fiddly to make.
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

So is 8A0201308K the correct Fuel Tank Heat Shield part number for the RS2 Avant Quattro? Has anyone the microfiche / ETKA ?
            The ‘offside’ (right) Heat Shield round my fuel filler neck is rotten and needs replaced!
            8D0201307B looks completely different as if you have to modify it to fit ( sod that!)
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

8D0201307B is the above shield according to 7Zap.
              The metal on that shield is so thin it will be easy to shape slightly if required. Or, just use your own as a template and make a new one from aluminium sheet .
              It's identical on the early B5 Avant Quattro if you can find a good one of those.
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Thanks Dave, I’ve asked a local Audi Breaker if they have any too.

Comment

8D0201307B is indeed the fuel tank shield that goes up to and around the filler neck. I got one from Audi Tradition but it needed modification by my mechanic to get it to fit. (BTW, I replaced my rusted out fuel tank straps with stainless steel ones . . . which is why the strap in the photo is shiny, not black).
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.
                  Nick

Comment

Hey can I just also ask, I am looking for the rear heat shield (for above rear backbox) for my ABY S2, If anyone here knows where I can get one please?
                    (Mine is missing!)
                    Thank you in advance, and sorry to part hijack this thread!

Comment

A few have made good copies using heat shield material. I used riven aluminum sheet from my local steel supplier.
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

i bought one from tradition shop

Comment

Working...
                        X