Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help...my ABY wastegate it´s not sealing with the EM.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help...my ABY wastegate it´s not sealing with the EM.

Hi All,

As per title my wastegate isn´t sealing properly with the exaust manifold letting pressure pass by, it´s ok where it meets the EM but the gate isn´t sealing and is wasting boost, everything else is ok, the menbrane is ok also.

Is there any way to repair it?

Anyone as a wastegate he is willing to sell?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Both faces must be flat and smooth - if you have chips or scratches or corrosion you will need to machine it. (Wastegate and/or manifold).
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Thank you for the reply, I haven´t taken it out yet but it looks like I have some play sideways in the shaft and I´m guessing the gate is worn a bit I was wondering if it had some kind of seal or ring like the ones in pistons!

Comment

The valve shaft wears over time. You could look at placing a bush in the body and machining it to accommodate the valve shaft. Probably easier to find a good condition replacement
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Thank you!
          I´m already looking for a replacement so I can have mine fixed!

Comment

Found a relacement but it to had shaft play so had that one refurbished and than swaped the wg and voilá the boost is back.............let´s see how long it lasts as the shaft was ok and wasn´t touched but had the body machined and a new sleev fitted!

Noticed that the boost comes more agressively now, I think that the wg as it wears out and doesn´t seal correctly, the car can still compensate and reach maximum boost but takes longer till it can´t compensate no longer and the car can´t boost and it as to be fixed!

Happy so far!

Comment

Working...
            X