7a turbo build ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7a turbo build ecu

so the tittle says it all really i am after a aftermarket ecu to run a 7a turbo i have seen a lot about vems ecus but dont know if that is the best way to go the main problem i have is a lack of mapping knowledge i realy want to stay out of it basicly i want to build the engine and car and give it to a tuner and say make it run im fine with the wirring of the ecu it is just the mapping so my only real requirement for the ecu is that there is a tech in the south west of england that can work well on it i dont want to be running around the countrie when i get a problem i spoke to a tuner loocle to my and he uses a ecu by emeraldm.

thanks for any help you guys can give

Go with MaxxEcu, You will like it

Comment

Thanks mate ill have a look in to it but does anyone know what the differences are between a s2 and 7a map in relation to the sensors? I’m wondering if I buy a ecu for a s2 what might be different and if I will need to change a lot?
      as an example the throttle position sensor works on a different resistance so if I used a s2 3b built ecu and map it won’t work properly

Comment

You don't have an S2 and you are not going to map it yourself.

The ONLY sensible thing is to decide who will map it and discuss your exact needs with that guy - the guy who will actually map it...
        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

That is what I am going to do but I thought as a bace map a s2 might work better to start from there instead of making him build a complete map

Comment

Let the tuner make the decisions, you may well be putting some effort / money into something that is unnecessary for them to do their work.

Comment

With Maxxecu it' very simpple to setup the ecu for startup and light driving. Download the Audi basemap, choose your injectors from the menu and start the car. Any tuner can tune Maxxecu, it's really simpple and clear to use.

But anyway, I don't think you will find a PnP ecu for the 7A engine. I would make the motor harness from scratch and use 60-2 trigger.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
              Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
              BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
              BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Im making a pnp adapter for the 7a loom as I think it will be better for me than building a full loom but once the car is done I may do so

Comment

I am a MaxxECU dealer

Firstly, where are you going to get the Hitachi PCB headers to mate with the OEM harness connectors? You need these to make a PnP adapter.
                  If you can't find them, you will need to cut the Hitachi connectors off and terminate with the MaxxECU connector(s). I can supply the connectors and loose terminals for you if required.

Any 5cyl 2.2 base map will work with some small tweaks - the ECU doesn't know or care what engine it is, it just reads sensors and does what the map tells it to do.

7A doesn't have provision for boost control, IAT or a MAP sensor input, so you need to add these. You also need to wire in Wideband lambda so may as well combine that into a single sub-harness. Don't forget the lambda wiring must be shielded. Go through the 7A harness with a fine toothed comb. These harnesses are all 30+ years old now and ALL of them have problems, most of them hidden and a nightmare to find. Normally they will show up when it is the most expensive or inconvenient time to be trying to trace wiring faults - i.e. on dyno.
                  If you are doing this kind of project, do yourself a favour and wire it properly with a new harness - often you can reuse most of the cabin side connectors and replace the engine side with new.

As I have said a few times to you, you really are going down a long and expensive path to build a car you can already buy, which Audi has already done the hard work, R&D and engineering for you.
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Ok so I have a second ecu for the loom to go into.
                    I completely get and agree with making a new loom but I want to get it running first and make sure I have everything else done first then I should know that any problems I have is with the new loom and not the build
                    once again I see what you say about a s2 but I don’t see the cost as that much of a difference as most of the things I am doing I would still of had to do

Comment

You're effectively going to end up doing it all twice,if you're going to have any issues it will more than likely be from using old wiring thats been reverse engineered,as error says go with a new harness for peace of mind.
                      It's a love/hate relationship with the S2,i love it,it hates me

Comment

Have to agree, you'll have to modify the 7a loom anyways, so why not just make it right the first time?

Comment

​​​​​​

Comment

Error404 which ecu would you reccomend from maxxecu and how much would it cost? also where is your shop if i wanted you to tune it?
                            curnantly i am looking at the emu black as i like the price and it seem easy enough to use with farly good support. a few questions i have thow they give a oppson on primery trigger for hall or vr but i dont know what vr stands? also the only base map i can find for the emu black is one for a ann would this work and what would i need to change i know that the aan runs a cam sensor and coil over plugs over the 7a hall sensor and dizzy set up?

Comment

Working...
                            X