oil problems with alberts k26 hybrid turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil problems with alberts k26 hybrid turbo

a few years ago i brought a k26 hybrid turbo from Albert (forum members name)

iv got a problem where oil keeps getting in the hot side of the turbo. the turbo has been rebuild twice now with two different places and now its gone again the oil pressures are has they should be on the engine and is not getting to much oil pressure. Iv had the oil pressure tested at the last place where the turbo was rebuilt and it does has it should do. car has only done 15 miles since its last turbo rebuild other then being moved in and out of the garage. but allowed to warm up and cool down has it should.

im happy with the turbo in every way shape and forum but it just this oil side thats letting it down

any help would be nice.

Maybe cheap parts used to rebuild the turbo?? I had this when my k26 was rebuilt. Which company has rebuilt it?

Comment

carwood and midland i had the problem to start with though when i brought it thats why i had it rebuilt the first time

Comment

I'm afraid I can't help with resolving, but just to say I also have a turbo from Albert, around 10,000 km and still seems OK... I wonder what the underlying issue is with yours?
        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Do these need oil restrictor on oil feed line? Or no?

Comment

Originally posted by tekstil View Post
            Do these need oil restrictor on oil feed line? Or no?
            so i dont know about that im running all original lines.

Comment

Journal bearing turbos dont need restrictor. If you remove all the hoses/lines from the turbo and look inside the oil feed you will see original "restrictor" on that turbo. Anyways when you have rebuild the turbo in diferent places. Have they changed the hotside impeller/shaft(welded together)? If not then the problem may lie in there.

I had that same problem years and years ago when i had modified rs2 turbo(k26 hotside and impeller/shaft). Place that rebuild the turbo didnt use new shaft and oil shims where toasted on the one they used. Every time i started my car in the morning to go work neighbours tended to ask me did i change the turbo gasoline engine to turbo diesel one. After driving ~3km the smoke was burned in the hotside whas was leaking from the shims that should keep it away from the center part where oil is feeded.
              1990 2.2 20VT Audi Coupe Quattro
              *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R
              1990 Audi 200 20v Avant 2.2 20VT *7 Seater *Full electric gizmos

Comment

I understand what you mean but the turbo has done it from the very first time I used it. That’s why it was rebuilt the first time thought maybe it had got some damage on assembly.

albert wouldn’t replay to my pms so I had to source it being sorted else where.

Iv seen the hole turbo stripped down with the shaft removed. I’m not saying there isn’t a problem on the shaft though but I thought I would have been told if there was.

Comment

If it's not the shaft seals it will be a worn housing or turbine shaft. The K26 turbine shaft has two seals which should be set 180 degrees apart when fitting. I'm sure your repairer would have done this, so it's likely to be the either the turbine shaft or main CHRA.I'm surprised Albert wouldn't reply to your PM's, however you would be better to contact him via his website, as he's not on the forum often.
                  91 Modded 3B
                  14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

I didn’t know he had a web site are you able to send me the address even by pm if needed. I’m not bad mouthing or slating him in the slightest. I’m just in need of sorting it that’s all. The turbo is a very gud turbo but this is just the one thing that’s alerting it down. I would have thought they knew what they was doing to rebuild it had they do a lot of them.

Comment

https://www.verkline.com/contact/
                      91 Modded 3B
                      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Ok so emailed him and only got a response saying that it must be the engine not the turbo. I sent him photos of not a drop of oil in the exhaust manifold but the turbo being full. So iv given up on the front of getting any help from him.

So my question is now does anyone have a clear visible part number of the bearing housing that he uses because the one on mine all the numbers have been damaged and I can’t make the part number out.

Comment

If you do decide on a new turbo, i've still got that the tte480 to sell

Comment

Working...
                          X