Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed with non start issue please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with non start issue please.

Have got ABY back together after head replacement. It turn over but wont start, fuel to the rail but injectors not being activated. The issue appears to be with ECU which does not have any feed to com ports when i plug in vcds, have tried it on another car and and it runs motor and coms work vcds. I have checked all the loves and grounds to Ecu and all seem good. Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

It did have 3 after market alarms in it which have been pulled and wiring made good but pretty sue all the alarms are stand alone and do not have any wiring to ecu.

Any help appreciated. Cheers.

Have you checked the motor fuses in the main fuse box?
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Hi, Steve, thanks for quick reply, yes all fuses checked.

Comment

Have you worked through all the usual and known "non-start" items?

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...does-not-start
        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Hi, yes obviously realise this is a very well covered area and have been though most of the posts on it and run through everything a few times and still banging my head against wall. The no comms from ecu leaves me to believe there this could be ecu wiring related, just wondered if anyone else had this problem before. Thanks for your reply LHD_kid.

Comment

Is the ecu the correct one for the vehicle or more accurately is the chip set correct, unimmo for the early one and immo for the later one?
            If you can, measure the voltage at the injectors when cranking not just ign on. The ecu feed into the fpr is often used to prevent starting. You could also pop the cover off the fpr and see if the contacts are closing when cranking. If not you could close them manually and see what happens. A Santa's Helper wouldn't go amiss here!
            As for the diagnostics, the black connector should have battery voltage and earth on it. The white should go back to the ecu pin 55 on the K line and the L goes to another that I cannot recall at the moment. If you have immo then the K goes through the immo box I believe.
            Perhaps one of those boxes had some connection .
            Give that a go.
            L is to Pin 13!
            The 12V line seems to be on S21?(fuse). Even if you get the diagnostics up, it might not help but it would at least be progress.

NB. Typo should have said that the black connector has the fused power not the K line!
            Last edited by twoqu; 20 December 2019, 19:26.

Comment

Thanks twoqu, ECU has run this car for last 15 years and has not been modified, I was however surprised it does not have immobiliser as it's 96 car and ran my other 96 any with no problem. Thanks for that info, will give that a go.

Comment

To be honest I would have thought that the last models would have had the immo box. Could be a coincidence that the K line would also go through that box.

Comment

Working...
                X