7A Engine Startup Behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steve briance View Post
    Recalibration the ecu is possible for everything other than wide open throttle. I've been there recently and the tuner couldn't access the WOT map. It's just not accessible but, to be fair how much time do you spend at WOT? I'm happy that mine is better more of the time if not quite acheiving it's maximum.
    I would like to potentially recalibrate the later model 7A ECU.

What do I need? Is there a write up on how to recalibrate or reset the ECU? I have the Ross Tech software.

Thank you for the info!

Comment

Are you in the U.S? When I had mine done, it was here in the UK, it involved having the original Eprom 'copied' and then written re-writable chip that was soldered into its place. This allowed the emulator software to make changes to the new chip. The mapping was done live with me driving and the tuner operating the laptop. Fuelling and ignition advance tweaked real time and measurements checked with a wideband lambda probe. It could also be done on a rolling road but not in a quattro as he only had a 2wd rr.

Spanners are more my thing and im afraid I have no idea what software it was that he used but bear in mind it adjusts the new chip and not the original so probably supplied to suit the chip?

I had a 7a many years ago with the old 2 plug ecu and had that done. The results on that were better and I can only think the early chips don't have the impregnable WOT map. Were Audi protecting the desirability of the s2 by restricting the later cq20v?...
      ​​​

Comment

Working...
      X