Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MB ur quattro pistons or WX/MB block

Hello.
    Need help finding a solution for a client,as i have no experience in i510vt engines.
    Engine 1989 MB,81mm stock bore.One cylinder is rusted.Can not find any AM oversized forged pistons for MB just some oversized Mahle part number,but not available.
    Does the wx block(2.1 not 2.2 displacement as the mb)have piston squirt oilers,and same design as mb and could be bored/honed to 81mm and use mb pistons?
    Same thing with MC block.Is it the same as MB?
    Or maybe a part number for AM 81.5 mm MB pistons..

Thx!!!

At my place KG engine is very affordable. KG cylinderblock is 79.5mm and can be bored to 81mm to match pistons if there are any good. It is turbo block, so it has oil squirters, place for CPS, coolant port, oil drain hole.

Comment

So all turbo 10v blocks are the same except bore?

Comment

034 107 107 L is the MB oversize piston - same as Mahle 0348302
        Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Got the Mahle pn from the catalogue also OE pn from"kate".But that does not help finding an available option.I mean..20v pistons you find even at supermarket.
          This is why i asked for a specific pn(if there is one) of something ready available.But i think i will use a wx block,rebore,hone and use the stock pistons.They look mint and micrometer shows no skirt wear.Also rings look ok,gap in the bore is minimal.But using old rings in new bores...

Comment

Working...
          X