Which AAN Con rods for 500 hp + ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which AAN Con rods for 500 hp + ?

Hi all, Just wondering what forged con rods people would recommend for safely making 500 hp in an AAN?
    I don't know if I will hit that point but it would be good I think to have some decent rods in the engine for future proofing and piece of mind if nothing else.

And I've also read that the ANN pistons don't need changing from standard as they are suppose to be good for 600 hp?

Would I need better piston rings though?
    C4 A6 AEL avant quattro: daily

TYPE-85 Coupe Quattro: clicky
    2.5L GTi engineering RE2500 190hp.180lb
    Schrick 272 cam
    C A C 2.5" T304 Exhaust
    ITG filter

All the aftermarket rods are up to the job nowadays. FCP are cost effective and you can find cheap sets on eBay. https://fcp-engineering.com/en/

It's more than likely that 90+% of the blanks come from the same factory in China anyway.

Standard rings are good for high HP but I'd recommend rebuilding the motor before aiming for high figures. Mid 400's is great for a road car. Too much power and you should be factoring in more frequent checks on the motor.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
      All the aftermarket rods are up to the job nowadays. FCP are cost effective and you can find cheap sets on eBay. https://fcp-engineering.com/en/

It's more than likely that 90+% of the blanks come from the same factory in China anyway.

Standard rings are good for high HP but I'd recommend rebuilding the motor before aiming for high figures. Mid 400's is great for a road car. Too much power and you should be factoring in more frequent checks on the motor.
      That's good to know. I think my plan is to get rods and clutch that can handle at least 500+ hp so its strong enough if I do push for more power. But I will probably aim for mid 400's to keep it reliable and good on the road like you say.
      C4 A6 AEL avant quattro: daily

TYPE-85 Coupe Quattro: clicky
      2.5L GTi engineering RE2500 190hp.180lb
      Schrick 272 cam
      C A C 2.5" T304 Exhaust
      ITG filter

Comment

Working...
      X