Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audi 90 quattro 20v needs new ignition leads.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 90 quattro 20v needs new ignition leads.

Hi all,

My Audi 90 quattro 20v needs new ignition leads.

Which ones should I buy and where from?

MIne are old and craked and giving misfires, I´ve isolated them and solved the misfires but it´s a temporary solution so I´m after a new set and would like your opinion and experience on this.

Thank you in advance.

No direct experience, but there are a few good-looking 8mm sets on ebay these days, I would look at getting one of them.

Come in red, black and blue options.

Comment

Magnecor are good

Comment

How are you measuring magnecor as being good?

In 22 years of owning an audi with a 7A engine, the only issue I have ever had with an ignition lead was with a magnecor.

Failed to the point of misfiring and then running on 4 cylinders. The marketing about 'delivers more spark' is a bit of a myth as well.

Buy them because they look nice but don't expect added horsepower unless your old ones are shot then any lead will improve.

Beru are original fit and available online. If the first set lasted 20+ years go with them I say AND the connectors / extension down through to the head to the plug fits properly.

Comment

Hey steve, do you know where to get the Beru ones from? I have struggled when I looked...

Comment

I almost dare not say but... Autodoc.

I know some folk hate them with a passion but in all the years of ordering, I've genuinely never had a problem so will carry on using them.

They seem to sell the leads individually which I guess is good if you need to replace just 1 original but, if replacing one it's likely the others aren't far behind.

Round up all 6 and away you go!

They are top quality stuff.

CLICK as the clip grips the end of the plug.

Comment

******. Looks like they may only have coil lead and number 2 and 3 cylinder.

Damn

Comment

Take a look for part number ZEF1127... Listed as a full set in stock on autodoc website and they usefully give lead lengths etc to help make up mind if suitable.

The official listing for the 7A is ZEF1195 but I can't see what the difference is.

ZEF1195 does appear on eBay as a full set though.

Comment

Over Ten years in my chipped 3b , never had a problem or had a belt off them

Comment

Amazon list Intermotor ones, they'd do the job. I got a set of BERU ones of Amazon a few years ago at a good price but they don't seem to list the full set these days?
                    Intermotor have been on the go for a long time now, I've used their products before and never had any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by steve briance View Post
                      Take a look for part number ZEF1127... Listed as a full set in stock on autodoc website and they usefully give lead lengths etc to help make up mind if suitable.

The official listing for the 7A is ZEF1195 but I can't see what the difference is.

ZEF1195 does appear on eBay as a full set though.
                      The ZEF1127 is for the 3B , has anyone tried them on a 7A? It should be the same but is it?

Comment

What do you think of this ones:
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-PER...bbf4%7Ciid%3A1

Comment

Originally posted by psiconauta911 View Post
                          Presumably they'll fit.

Comment

Originally posted by psiconauta911 View Post

The ZEF1127 is for the 3B , has anyone tried them on a 7A? It should be the same but is it?
                            Anyone tried it?

Comment

7A and 3B spark plug boots are different lengths.
                              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                              Indigo ABY coupé
                              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                              X