No announcement yet.

New main radiator needed, help please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New main radiator needed, help please?

Hi, as per title I´m in need of a new main radiator sooner than later, It´s for an ABY Avant with A/C, I´m getting tired of plastic s*#t that gets britle with age and heat cycles so what alternatives do I have that fit like OEM?

All help welcome and thanks in advance.

It must fit like the Bher one because I don´t want to ditch de A/C!

Comment

another Behr one that will only last a few years, or speak to Vidar on here.

Comment

I reckon you get 5 years from a Behr, they are a service item for me!
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Will the one from Vidar fit like OEM?

Comment

Service items but only available from dealers at dealers price as I can only find the narrow one on sale trough the usual channels, if anyone knows different please say!

Comment

Try Pete at Quattro Corner... http://www.quattrocorner.com/
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I’ve found the Behr ones pretty good, the nissen reads are utter crap
                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Thanks everybody that helped, since it´s nla at the dealer I found out that the ETKA online isn´t up to date and that the 893 121 251 S is now the 893 121 251G and found a Behr replacement online for a fair price, so I belive the problem is solved as the S2 main rad. is the same as the NG ones with air con. and reinforced coolant systems.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                    I’ve found the Behr ones pretty good, the nissen reads are utter crap
                    you're being kind, and what do you have against crap that you would want to compare it to Nissen's? ( well ok, Nissen's finishing quality is poor, you might have to chase the threads with a tap, the vent on top may strip out, and the paint will start flaking shortly before installation...)
                    Peter S

1990 ErsatzS2 - track toy
                    1991 Coupe Quattro
                    1991 Coupe Quattro
                    1995 S6 Sedan
                    1995 S6 Wagon

Comment

Very confusing for me, I changed my radiator about 15 years ago for a Nissen unit, still going strong.

7A though, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
                        Very confusing for me, I changed my radiator about 15 years ago for a Nissen unit, still going strong.

7A though, of course.
                        I think it’s more the quality is so variable. For me 2 Nissen rads failed quite quickly. Switched to a Behr one about 8 years ago and been fine.

I would consider an ally one also though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
                        X