Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice needed - rocker cover gasket change on Audi A3 2.0 TDI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15/20 nm will be fine

Comment

Fantastic, thank you.

I did try the Audi dealers for the info but they said they can't provide it - even when you buy the parts from them. I was told they can only access such information when they plug the car in that they are working on.

Comment

Another question to ask - can anyone offer any advice relating to refitting the injectors? They have been cleaned, and new seals fitted. Is it necessary to use an injector seat cutting tool? The car has covered just over 100k, and is 6 years old. When looking down the wells they appear relatively clean, so I wondered if hoovering out would be sufficient? The injectors were all functioning correctly, with no evidence that they were not sealed correctly before I removed them.

Many thanks.

Comment

After a careful inspection of the injector wells, I decided they looked in good enough condition not to worry with seat cutting. Rather than mess around with a hoover, I cleaned the wells with rag wrapped round a rod and carb cleaner fluid.

Thankfully everything went together ok, and I finished the job today. It took a couple of goes on the starter to get the diesel flowing again, but the car started and runs fine. Thanks for the help along the way, and the torque settings - very much appreciated.

Comment

As you found as long as the bores are clean it's fine. The soft copper crush washer makes the seal.
            The official way to restart a CR after the fuel assembly has been opened you should purge it using vcds..

Comment

Well done Dan . Hope the s2 is running ok

Comment

Originally posted by 220bhp View Post
                Well done Dan . Hope the s2 is running ok
                Hello Lou!

The S2 is going ok thanks. Hope all is ok with you guys and the cars.

We must catch up, I will drop you a PM.

Comment

Working...
                X