AAN timing belt etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAN timing belt etc

Hia folks, just wondering what is the best timing belt to buy for the AAN motor? Plus water pump and pulleys and tensioners and any other associated parts it will need?

And where best to buy from?

just thinking it would be a good idea to get these things done before the engine is in the car.

P.S is it also worth changing the cam chain too?
    C4 A6 AEL avant quattro: daily

TYPE-85 Coupe Quattro: clicky
    2.5L GTi engineering RE2500 190hp.180lb
    Schrick 272 cam
    C A C 2.5" T304 Exhaust
    ITG filter

Gates for the belts, skf for the pump and chain is always worth a change as it is cheap.
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I find the timing belt change is actually easier just after the engine has been installed in the car. Unless you have a very hefty stand, it's difficult to achieve the required torque on the crank bolt when the engine is out.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
        I find the timing belt change is actually easier just after the engine has been installed in the car. Unless you have a very hefty stand, it's difficult to achieve the required torque on the crank bolt when the engine is out.
        Agreed. I wouldn't attempt the big crank bolt without the engine being in the car with decent engine mounts. I normally drop the engine and box in together and then stick the head on once in situ.
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Working...
        X