Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaxxECU trigger problems

Hello,

I recently purchased the PNP MaxxECU street variant for my URS4. Before installing this the car was working flawless with the Motronic.
    I've made no changes since (same flywheel & trigger wheel, no changes to HOME sensor etc). I'm using TFSI Coils.
    The trigger system is the OEM audi 5 cylinder ones.

So now I've got my car running with the new ECU and on idle up until ~1900 RPM it runs completely fine, but when I go over that I get sync error and "trigger signal too late" error.

Anyone familiar with this problem? Or someone who can help me diagnose. (Oscilloscope is taken when problem occurs)

Thanks!!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Trigger arming threshold is set too high - you are missing some trigger events. Set arming threshold to approx 1/3 of average peak voltage. From your scope capture approx 1.5-1.8V
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
      Trigger arming threshold is set too high - you are missing some trigger events. Set arming threshold to approx 1/3 of average peak voltage. From your scope capture approx 1.5-1.8V
      Thanks a lot!!!
      I will try this first thing tomorrow

Comment

The sensor output voltage will increase with rpm, so your arming threshold should increase also. If you set it to approx 1/3 of average peak voltage at a few rpm sites it will work well.
        To set it, take scope capture at a few rpm points, and you can set a curve for your arming threshold vs RPM.
        You will probably have something like 0.4v and cranking speed up to 1.5v and 2k and maybe 3v at 6k something like that
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I understand! Thanks for explaining.
          Here's a pic of my car!
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I did some more diagnostics and snapped some scope pictures of when I have a trigger error and identified the problem.
            No idea what the solution is though.
            This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
            X