Gasket kits for engine rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gasket kits for engine rebuild

Anyone used Ajusa for their engine rebuild? Full head, block and sump kit is £130 which seems competitive. However, I know pretty much without exception everyone goes VR for their builds.

So…before I follow the flock, keen to see if anyone has gone a different path.

from what i can see, their sets are specific to rebuild rather than assembly line.
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

I have used this kit with no issues (aby), although I did get vr head gasket separately. The build is stock engine with fcp rods and ARP hardware, wanted a bullet proof 400hp.

Comment

Thanks, good to get real world feedback rather than just emotional brand afinity.
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Let us know what you think of the quality if you purchase this set. I've always used VR sets and they are now very expensive for the 2.2 20V.
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

is it really worth the risk of fitting something cheaper when you have done all that work, for the sake of say £50??
          just my 2p worth

Comment

Ajusa are made in Spain and the quality is fine. I used some recently without problems. If you search the internet, the head gaskets are actually the preferred option for some engine tuners of Japanese models when going high hp.
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by tango123 View Post
              is it really worth the risk of fitting something cheaper when you have done all that work, for the sake of say £50??
              just my 2p worth
              except its more like £100+ difference. But that was the point of the question. Is it only VR…or is it there are others we can consider, safely.
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by tango123 View Post
                just my 2p worth
                Just because it’s more expensive doesn’t mean it’s better quality, I remember not so long ago paying £65 for a VR gasket set, now they’re £250+.
                Have they improved quality for this extra money, I think not.
                sigpic
                1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

depends where you source it from, i bought vr set of ebay it was £150inc post. I didn’t have any issues so genuine or not i don’t know....
                  Unfortunately everything only gets more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post

Just because it’s more expensive doesn’t mean it’s better quality, I remember not so long ago paying £65 for a VR gasket set, now they’re £250+.
                    Have they improved quality for this extra money, I think not.
                    depends where you source it from, i bought vr set of ebay it was £150inc post. 600+hp it was fine.
                    Unfortunately everything only gets more expensive. Not so long ago s2’s were only 5k....

Comment

Working...
                    X