Removal tool for oil pressure switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal tool for oil pressure switch

Hi tried to find the OEM number for theremoval tool/socket for oil pressure switch ,, the big one. ABY engine.

Part number. 035 919 561

Best Regards

Crows foot spanner or bend an old spanner. I think it's 17mm from memory.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Yes. 17mm. This is what I made. You will see I trimmed the internal part of the spanner so it fits the nut snug. I use a long bar to give it a whack when undoing. Works really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I have a great tool for it.. when i have the room for it .. i can borrow the original VAG toool and its some kind of socket ... so thats what i nedd , but thanks for the advices ..

Comment

I think the VAG tool is effectively a crows foot socket, I could actually do with getting a set of them as it's one thing I don't have in my tool kit, we do have them at work. It's so rare that I have to use one at home though, normally I do something like Dave's solution and modify a spanner, I've got quite a few 'special' spanners I've made for job's on S2's over the years.

The sender can also be undo with a stubby 17mm spanner but it's a fiddle.
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

When you turn the key as far you can without starting the car ,,, are the warning light for oil flashing ? It should be flashing since there is no oilpressure .. .correct ?

Comment

No. Only the battery light on with key in that position.
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Ok , so my scenario is.
                So i connected the sensor , the small one outside the car and able with air pressure to active it ,, i have clock to see the pressure.
                I turn the key on , no flashing light.
                I turn the air pressure to 5 bar , the light activates.
                I try with 1bar.
                The light activates. I have a new sensor.
                So it does not matter what i do , it activates. Since it activates ,it means the wire is good. Correct ?
                If i start the car with sensor connected as it should be it activates.

Comment

Is there something on the electronic board on the dash panel it could be ?

Comment

Everything you need to know is in this thread.
                    https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...-warning-light
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

And excellent write up by Dave here.
                      https://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/96161.phtml
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

i found this .....

The last sentence ....
                        "The F1 has nothing to do with an signalling an "at idle" low OP situation"

To paraphrase "AudiEd" who (mostly) said: "The way I think the system works is the G10 not only sends a variable signal to the gauge via the black/white wire but the blue/black wire from the F22 trips the Auto Check low oil pressure warning light if OP drops below 0.3 Bar. The F1 switch trips the Auto Check "IF" oil pressure is below 1.8 Bar @ 2000 to 2200 rpms. The F1 has nothing to do with an signalling an "at idle" low OP situation."

So when i get a signal of low oil pressure at idle and that has nothing to do with F1 , the single connector for the oil sensor, why do i get low oil pressure signal then ?? Where does it come from ??

Comment

Originally posted by S2_avant 19930325 View Post
                          So when i get a signal of low oil pressure at idle and that has nothing to do with F1 , the single connector for the oil sensor, why do i get low oil pressure signal then ?? Where does it come from ??
                          I had a faulty signal on the oil pressure switch at idle when hot.
                          Pressure gauge working ok but would get autocheck alarm after car was warmed up then sat at idle
                          Disconnected Blue/black F22 wire until I fitted new OEM switch

F22 removed.jpg

Comment

hmm ... i have new oil sensor switch and sensor .. the big one and the small ,, both are new. Mine starts directly to flash when i start the car.

Comment

Working...
                            X