Fuel pump and fpr upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump and fpr upgrade

Hi all! I need more fuel on my s2 3B.. never checked but should be 60mm basket instead 39.
    If 60 im thinking on Bosch 0580464200 that is the new 044.
    Another question about the FPR, 7A is NLA from ages, other options for 4bar leaving std lines? goal max 400hp

Have a look here
    https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...need?p=2125752

I would definitely look at the walbro/Ti pumps over the 044 or equivalent.

Regards

Jase.

Comment

yes i read this thread. Bosch would be more convenient for me to buy. and for the FPR?

Comment

If you go for Bosch be very careful where you buy from the market is flooded with fakes

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
          If you go for Bosch be very careful where you buy from the market is flooded with fakes
          Yes i know. Market is full of 044fake,this is a completely new pump, maybe Chinese still haven't copied it?

Comment

They are pretty fast at ripping stuff off

Comment

Bosch 044 is noisier than standard. Walbro to may be quieter, others reading this may know more.

Comment

someone know what thread type are oem fpr?
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I have at least two 7A FPR's knocking about as well as 3B ones, left over from my old RS2+ 3B S2, quite happy to send small items to Europe and I could check the thread type for you with the gauge in my tap and dia set.

I used a 100% genuine 044 pump and didn't find that much nosier than the stock 60mm pump and my car was stripped of all sound insulation, yes I could hear it but it really wasn't loud. I suspect the people who find them noisy either have rip off units or install them so they sit too high in the basket causing the unions/pipework to touch the inside of the top of the tank, then they are bloody loud!
                  1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                  1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                  1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                  1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                    I have at least two 7A FPR's knocking about as well as 3B ones, left over from my old RS2+ 3B S2, quite happy to send small items to Europe and I could check the thread type for you with the gauge in my tap and dia set.

I used a 100% genuine 044 pump and didn't find that much nosier than the stock 60mm pump and my car was stripped of all sound insulation, yes I could hear it but it really wasn't loud. I suspect the people who find them noisy either have rip off units or install them so they sit too high in the basket causing the unions/pipework to touch the inside of the top of the tank, then they are bloody loud!
                    I would appreciate a lot a 7a fpr, i want to keep original appearance as much as possible.
                    the thread should be M14x1,5 but still not 100% sure

Comment

I'll find my box of regulators today and dig the 7A ones out for you, will PM you some pics.

Comment

FPR info : https://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/21108.phtml

Comment

I've found the one I used on my car which I know is good. I also have another spare one somewhere... My phone is charging at the moment, will PM you with pic's by tomorrow morning.

Comment

To close the post: ​​​​​​i bought from bartek an OE Fuel Pressure Regulator Housing for std 4bar ABY fpr with two thread adapter from Dash 6 to M14x1,5. plug and play installation!
                            AEM 50-1000 as fuel pump, i dismantled an old oe Bosch pump and reused the plastic cover, it fit perfectly in the s2 40mm basket

Comment

I have done the conversion to a walbro 450 that is in this forum and an adjustable and perfect fuel regulator, I still don't get much power but I hope I can get it.

CHEERS

Comment

Working...
                              X