Coupe quattro AAN swap wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupe quattro AAN swap wiring

Ive got a coupe quattro that is getting an AAN swap. Now I do know how to get the engine in the car and all but the wiring is my question. I dont have any harness but the stock 7A one, so what all is needed for me to get my AAN to work?

Can I use the 7A harness and modify it, find a harness for the AAN or can I get a custom engine harness made for AAN and make it work with everything else in the car?

I dont want any of the A/C or other addons to work, just need the basics for the engine to run and function correctly. Plan on using stand alone ecu, maybe maxxecu or something.

Norbitron can make you a plug-n-play harness.
    https://www.s2forum.com/member/13702-norbitron

He is also on FB.
    sigpic

Comment

Probably Error 404 can make one too https://www.ultraperformance.co.uk/

Comment

You can wire it by yourself, buy some flying harnesses from Maxx ecu, and then start from scratch...the worst thing about new harness will be removing the old one I will go this way, as my harness is 7A too, and have MAxx ecu race
        Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

For a standalone ECU it's really better to make new harness from scratch (as people advice).
          If you stay with AAN motronic ECU, best way is to modify UrS4/UrS6 AAN harness using some inside parts of audi 80 harness (7A harness, for instance).

Modifying coupe 7A harness for AAN is an option, but least worthy: too many extra wires to add.

Comment

Keep in mind, OEM harness is like 30 years+ old, so it starts to be brittle. I would rather go with removing the old one, buy new connectors for the cluster to keep working them, and then change old sensors/connectors with some new aftermarket sensors which are much cheaper and faster then the old ones.
            Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

Working...
            X