Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hesitation/cutting out on accelation from standstill

Hey guys

Chasing an odd issue in my C4 S6 (AAN Auto)

When starting from a standstill I sometimes feel the engine cut out for half a second before it then gets moving as normal. Doesnt seem to happen at all when accelerating whilst already moving (regardless of full throttle position)

I have replaced;
    Fuel pump with new OE (bosch)
    Fuel filter with new OE part
    Spark plugs with NGKs
    Fuel pump relay with new
    Fuel pump fuse

This first started when the car almost completely died on me while driving, since replacing these i only seem to have the stutter from a standing start issue. So its definitely improved but something is still not quite right

Are there any obvious things i can check/test before it gets into the realms of electrica/ECU/management issues?

Cheers
    Max

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

In addition to the above

It definitely seems engine related rather than transmission as you audible hear the exhaust note cut out briefly when it happens

Comment

Ignition coil ?

Comment

Original coil / original coil wiring / a channel in one of the two POS modules ?

Comment

In case anyone comes across this thread with the same problem in the future (because I hate coming across unresolved threads)

It ended up being the throttle position sensor/switch (photo attached)

To test if yours is working or not you can open the throttle with the engine off and youll hear it click - if its broken it wont click

Comment

Nice to know I had same problem amongst lots of others over the years

Comment

Working...
            X