Maximum power K24 7000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum power K24 7000

Hello, I would like to know what is the maximum performance that can be obtained from an Audi S2 3B turbo. I currently have AAN intake, AAN injectors, 2.75" downpipe with 3" silencers and high flow catalyst, intercooler IVECO Dayli totally metallic, conversion to TFSI coils and Walbro 450 pump with relay to feed it with direct current from the battery. Because my AAN control unit is dead I am going to finally mount an extra Maxxecu race plugin and I am thinking of mounting 440 green injectors (I have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator).
    Somebody could help me? Thank you very much.

A GREETING

A stock K24 7000 on a 2.2 20 valve I5 tops out at 285BHP maybe 295 at a real push, beyond that it's off the compressor map and becomes inefficient.

There's nothing to be gained from fitting 440 injectors, an adjustable FPR and stock 3B or AAN injectors will supply plenty of fuel for a stock turbo.

440's will work really nicely with an RS2 K24 7200 or a Volvo K24 7400. You could get the stock K24 7000 rebuilt and upgraded with a more modern compressor wheel to push out a little more power but for the cost involved you may as well go for a bigger turbo.

Though a bigger turbo will also require an RS2 or similar exhaust manifold as the stock 3B one is quite restrictive, really you could do with getting rid of that even with a K24 7000 to maximize performance.

Last edited by K Simmonds; 17 November 2022, 17:22. Reason: More info
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
      A stock K24 7000 on a 2.2 20 valve I5 tops out at 285BHP maybe 295 at a real push, beyond that it's off the compressor map and becomes inefficient.

There's nothing to be gained from fitting 440 injectors, an adjustable FPR and stock 3B or AAN injectors will supply plenty of fuel for a stock turbo.

440's will work really nicely with an RS2 K24 7200 or a Volvo K24 7400. You could get the stock K24 7000 rebuilt and upgraded with a more modern compressor wheel to push out a little more power but for the cost involved you may as well go for a bigger turbo.

Though a bigger turbo will also require an RS2 or similar exhaust manifold as the stock 3B one is quite restrictive, really you could do with getting rid of that even with a K24 7000 to maximize performance.
      I have an RS2 exhaust manifold to assemble, I'll assemble it before doing anything I hope. The biggest turbo problem I have is the issue of downpipe adaptations, I would not like to modify mine due to the extra cost. Is there a turbo that charges above 3000 and can get between 350 and 400 hp? It's the maximum I have, between those figures, it doesn't necessarily have to be close to 400. Thank you very much for the help.

A GREETING

Comment

It's good you have have an RS2 EM to fit, they're a big improvement over the 3B item.

The RS2 K24 7200 is a direct fit mechanically and really the best turbo for the sort of power your after and ease of fitment. However what is the internal diameter of the flange on your down pipe?

Whilst it's apart it wouldn't be that much hassle for a decent fabricator to change the flange for one with a 56mm internal diameter required for an RS2 turbo, unless you open that up your going to be a bit stuck.

Comment

It's good you have have an RS2 EM to fit, they're a big improvement over the 3B item.

The RS2 K24 7200 is a direct fit mechanically and really the best turbo for the sort of power your after and ease of fitment. However what is the internal diameter of the flange on your down pipe?

Whilst it's apart it wouldn't be that much hassle for a decent fabricator to change the flange for one with a 56mm internal diameter required for an RS2 turbo, unless you open that up your going to be a bit stuck.
          I don't understand you with the internal diameter of the downpipe, the downpipe is 2.75", that is, about 70 mm, I suppose that the interior is, counting a 3mm wall, 64mm on the inside. Is there nothing more current with which to get 350hps and that is easy to assemble?

CHEERS

Comment

RS2 downpipe

Comment

Originally posted by Waje View Post

I don't understand you with the internal diameter of the downpipe, the downpipe is 2.75", that is, about 70 mm, I suppose that the interior is, counting a 3mm wall, 64mm on the inside. Is there nothing more current with which to get 350hps and that is easy to assemble?

CHEERS
              I understand you, when your down pipe was made they could have used a conical section after the flange to open out from the turbine housing exit diameter to 70mm/2.75". If the internal diameter is the same at the flange as the rest of the down pipe you can bolt an RS2 turbo straight on.

Comment

Is there nothing more current with which to get 350hps and that is easy to assemble?
                Basically, no, there are K26/7 hybrids that'll do much the same job and there's the Volvo K24 7400. All these turbos use the same center section oil/water pipe layout so are plug and play. The RS2 unit use to be the easiest to find but their not so cheap these days, they also perform very well.

Vidar in Norway offers some very good KKK hybrid turbos, it would be worth asking what he can offer.

Comment

Basically, no, there are K26/7 hybrids that'll do much the same job and there's the Volvo K24 7400. All these turbos use the same center section oil/water pipe layout so are plug and play. The RS2 unit use to be the easiest to find but their not so cheap these days, they also perform very well.

Vidar in Norway offers some very good KKK hybrid turbos, it would be worth asking what he can offer.

No, my downpipe is directly 2.75" directly. I have written to Vidar, to see if I can get a turbo for the characteristics I am looking for, since in Spain I need an OEM appearance to avoid problems. CHEERS

Comment

Ahhh... I see If it needs to look stock then that rules out using the Volvo K24 7400 hybrid without a lot of pissing about with compressor housings, an RS2 turbo will fit as stock as will some K26/7 hybrids....

However, Vidar can probably sort you out with a K24/6 hybrid that will be look almost identical to the K24 7000, something along the line's of the Nothelle N300 turbo but with a slightly larger more modern compressor wheel as well as perhaps a modified turbine will get you to around 350 BHP with very little lag and be seriously rapid.

Comment

Is there nothing more current with which to get 350hps and that is easy to assemble?

CHEERS
                      This is about as high as you can go based on a K24-7000

https://gpturbos.com/index.php/shop/...arger-1-detail

sigpic
                      1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                      1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                      1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

I have one of Vidars K24 7000 hybrid turbos. I'm running it on the Nothelle chips and it's fantastic. In my opinion, it's the sweet spot power wise for a day to day car. I haven't been on a dyno but I'm probably around the 320/330 mark. I have a wagner em and RS2 downpipe, RS2 cats and miltek exhaust.
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I already spoke with Vidar and it has something for me for about 380 hp, for me reaching 350 would be enough, it's a weekend car and track day but I don't like the feeling of accelerating and there is nothing and suddenly everything, In addition, that breaks the engine and everything, better something progressive. CHEERS

Comment

That turbo Andy linked to is a bargain at £700, that won't make 350BHP but will get you to around the 320 mark with virtually zero lag and obviously looks completely stock from the outside.

Dave... I thought Vidar built your turbo copying the spec's of my old Nothelle K24/6 hybrid, did he use the same Porsche housings as mine or did he manage to squeeze those wheels into a K24 7000?

A lot of how the power is delivered comes down to how the car is mapped, stock RS2's have nothing bellow 3.5K RPM then it goes wild, however my old 3B fitted with a K24 7200 started boosting at 2K RPM and was actually quite smooth. Likewise my current RS2 with a K26/7 which is a fair bit bigger than a stock K24 7200 is also pretty smooth though obviously both cars feel aggressive compared to a stock S2 with a remap.

It's torque that breaks stuff not so much outright power so you could go with his 380 option and not push it to it's limits or as I said that unit Andy linked to looks excellent value.
                            Last edited by K Simmonds; 18 November 2022, 10:56.

Comment

how much would a k24 7000 hybrid/billett push?
                              https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...-3b-1991-coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X