Oil pressure warning and car will turn over But not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pressure warning and car will turn over But not start

Another issue has come about. Its really getting my gripe this car... ....

New issue is, The car turns over, but does not start. oil pressure light comes on now and beeps. I'll need to investigate this further. Can the cold have anything to do with this?

I was still in the process of fixing the fan relay and then a coolant flush.
    I was remote connected to my tuner to sort out a better cold start on my tune. Plus its showing no voltage to the ECU on the ECU via the tuner software. (This could be the aftermarket alarm and immobiliser though).

Does anyone have any ideas?

Can you communicate with the ECU, via any diagnostic software?

As far as the oil pressure goes If you don't have access to a external oil pressure gauge, then a cheap option would be to replace the oil pressure sender. It would be the oil pressure switch which are know to leak and fail.

Comment

If the ECU isn’t getting power it’s definitely not going to start. Have you checked your fuses?

Comment

This issue is now also fixed. I checked and the rubber pipe coming from the engine to the top of the dump valve had ripped slightly and was half hanging off. I cut the bad part off and refitted. it still just fits. Will look at replacing all rubbers in future. But car is back on the road yey!

Comment

Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
          Can you communicate with the ECU, via any diagnostic software?

As far as the oil pressure goes If you don't have access to a external oil pressure gauge, then a cheap option would be to replace the oil pressure sender. It would be the oil pressure switch which are know to leak and fail.
          He's running an Emerald ECU which I have very limit knowledge regarding, not sure what that cranking voltage requirements are but regardless the ECU will need power to start the engine.

If your running more boost than stock then I'd want all new boost pipework, 30 year old hoses won't cut it, you'll constantly be chasing boost leaks.
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
          X