Size of Cable + Battery to Starter Solenoid 3b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size of Cable + Battery to Starter Solenoid 3b

Would anyone know the cable size used from positive battery terminal to starter solenoid on 3b please? Also a good place to get a custom cable made up if needed. My new/reconditioned Bosch starter is cranking over a bit slow at times? I've checked ground cables cleaned terminals etc, new ignition switch, battery has been tested and ok, 12.7 volts with engine not running, the starter does sound strong and cranks faster around 50% of the time? Thanks in advance
    :wave: :thumbs:

I have an NG coupe here I'm breaking and cable should be the same if you are interested in a second hand one?
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Tractor Dave .hello, thanks for your reply, I might be interested in your cable, what are you asking for it?, and postage too of course, on my 3b it's around 99inches long give or take, may be just check the length for me? is it exactly the same cable? what terminal does it have on the battery end, is there a thread tapped in it to take the smaller wire connection which goes from the battery (ie fusebox feed )?(see pic) could you take a pic or 2, ie each end and of the whole cable... If I try that cable at least that should eliminate what it's not (or possibly is causing the slow starter isssue,) I redid the chassis to engine ground cable this morning tried the starter several times and it was slow, say 7 out of 10 starts, ? it does start the engine everytime, just sounds like the batterys bad ie the starter struggles a bit... the battery is good though, I started the engine around 10 times this morning over a 5mins period and it starts everytime..but sounds really slow on the starter 7 out of those 10 times today, other days it can be 5 out of ten times it's slow??. Anywho ..cheers for now Al////.
      Attached Files
      :wave: :thumbs:

Comment

If it stays dry I will check for you. Send me a pm and we can discuss price
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
        X