Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 2.8 AAH V6 early to late differences

Hello all!

I'm building a project with my sons and we're using a spare Audi AAH 2.8 V6 engine that I have to power it.

I know that there are better engines and that it's not that powerful but I need something that's small, basic and the project will probably only weigh 800kg or so.

It's a 1995 engine (date taken from inside of one of the timing belt covers) and has the later plastic cam covers.

It's missing a few parts, power steering pump, ignition coils and module, throttle intake pipe (it has the throttle body), MAF, vacuum reservoir and pipes etc. I've found a loom from a late AAH manual car but I'm coming up against conflicting info regarding the spec for the MAF.

There seem to be two different types of MAF, a 3 wire and a 4 wire (which has an adjuster screw, I presume to adjust the mixture?).

My version of Elsawin doens't have any information on the car, so I've got no wiring diagrams etc to check the loom and wire colours.

Does anyone have a couple of photos showing the colour of the plug going to the MAF? Where the ignition module fits? Which plugs fit where etc? I've spent some time on 12v.org but there isn't any information for any of my questions there.

Thanks

MG

I have a very early AAH in my C4 Avant so I could take some photo's of what's where on that...

I also have a lot of V6 spare's having broken a 1994 2.6 and a 97 30V, some stuff I want as spares for my car but I have doubles of quite a few of the things you mention are missing.

They may only be 170 odd BHP but if they're running properly then they're not slow by any means even in my C4, in something that weighs 800KG it'll be pretty dam quick.

They're more about torque than out and out power.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
    X