Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternators - which ones to use? Autodoc ones any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternators - which ones to use? Autodoc ones any good?

Ok So apparently I have the correct alternator for the car, but these can't be found anywhere. I had to in the past replace the voltage regulator as I arced the back of the alternator with my spanner accidentally.. so I had to buy one online and replaced it and it worked.

recently my bearing s went too inside the alternator, so I had it repaired, but the repair guy said it will need a new rotor soon and its hard to find a replacement. But Its best to just buy a new alternator, that would fix it all.

But what alternator can we buy these days that will be good and will fit our cars?

I have looked on Autodoc and IM seeing the "ridex" versions and others - Are these any good? has anyone had experience in these? or does anyone also have any other suggestions that would be helpful? tried and tested?

Thx

AVOID anything cheap Auto Doc are selling. Take your old alternator to your Bosch service centre. They do an exchange service. Got mine there a few years back and it's like new.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

As Dave said stay clear of any on the cheap stuff and stick to the Bosch alternators. Part number for origal alternator is 034903016N(X) and it is available from Tradition only for 960.14 euros Fortunately you can fit other 120A Bosch models to your car. 078903015A (Bosch: 0120465008) is a direct replacement, it has a slightly different plastic cover in the back but I have trial fitted one of these and it fits no problem. There are several used ones available at eBay and it also seems that even genuine Bosch unit is available new. This should be much more common than the 034903016N(X). Other option is 054903015K (Bosch: 0986038180) alternator.

Also, when ever working near live wires it is a good idea to disconnect the battery negative terminal. It is very easy to do and prevents any accidental short circuits.

Comment

Originally posted by Antsa View Post
        As Dave said stay clear of any on the cheap stuff and stick to the Bosch alternators. Part number for origal alternator is 034903016N(X) and it is available from Tradition only for 960.14 euros Fortunately you can fit other 120A Bosch models to your car. 078903015A (Bosch: 0120465008) is a direct replacement, it has a slightly different plastic cover in the back but I have trial fitted one of these and it fits no problem. There are several used ones available at eBay and it also seems that even genuine Bosch unit is available new. This should be much more common than the 034903016N(X). Other option is 054903015K (Bosch: 0986038180) alternator.

Also, when ever working near live wires it is a good idea to disconnect the battery negative terminal. It is very easy to do and prevents any accidental short circuits.
        Thankyou, both of you guys

Comment

Working...
        X