Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever taken a 20vt water pump apart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever taken a 20vt water pump apart?

Have a weird one.. Need to add a t belt tensioner to my setup. Its a strange 2bennett setup that removed the tensioning pump and added an AAN pump. Im wondering of i can take a 3b pulley off somehow, maybe heat it up? and swap the guts from housing to housing. ultimately going for a 3b body with AAN lfat pulley. so it can fit under aasn t belt cover and still have the pump tensioning capabilities. Can they even be taken apart? im thinking try to expand the pulley or impeller with heat off the shaft. thoughts?

How is the belt currently tensioned? A pic would be handy.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

i dont know how to post pics. and the car isnt apart to show anything. it has no tensioner currently though, it uses the shorter 3b belt and aan water pump and 3b oil pump with roller . has the perfect tension ironically.

Comment

That sounds like a right ball ache; there needs to be someway of tensioning the belt to allow for manufacturing tolerances.

Why not simply put it back as a 3B should be and use the relevant covers, or is space too tight? Am assuming it’s in a UR quattro?
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

the reason fo this setup is, it uses a modified AAN serpentine array. cant use the 3b water pump as it sticks out too far. Its actually in a b2 90/4000q. This even retains the ac compressor. This is why i ask about taking the WP apart and using the 3b adjustable housing and AAN impeller and pulley

Comment

Working...
          X