Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knock sensor part no's

guys,

ive been trying to renew my knock sensors, suceeded in doing one but the other i was supplied the lead was too short. While i had the old one out i forgot to write down the part no. before i refitted it.

So can someone read the part no on their knock sensor fitted nearest the front of the engine, probably has a green connector and is fitted to the ABY engines.

Just a PITA to get to because u need a second elbow in your arm to even reach it without taking the skin off your knuckles and arm. Hoping someone has their engine in bits or the head off and can have a quick butchers. its situated just below the small water manifold and temp sensor.

cheers

Greg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

You have a PM

Ben
    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Are you sure you didn't get them mixed up?
      The front and rear KS are the same except for lead length.
      Here in the U.S. we just buy front ones for both postions. The lead is just little long in the back.
      If you want the proper lead length you have to go to the dealer and pay out the @ss.
      Dave K.
      USA
      1991 e//S2 (home built S2 - the only way to get one in USA!)
      2001 S4

Comment

problem was i was sold two with the short length lead, and according to ETKA they were the right ones, but one of them the lead is about 1 ft too short so trying to find out what the original part no was for that one, im sure mine has a green connector for the one nearest the front of the engine bay and thats the one ive been trying to get.

Greg
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Well, it was a thought. Best of luck.
          Dave K.
          USA
          1991 e//S2 (home built S2 - the only way to get one in USA!)
          2001 S4

Comment

Working...
          X