Turbo Coolant Pump - Ouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Coolant Pump - Ouch

Does anyone know if there is an equivalent Bosch part for the Turbo Coolant Pump (034-965-561C).

I think I've discovered my coolant leak source, but have a severely scalded arm as a result... Hrmm.. I should have read this warning on SJM's site prior...

"CAUTION: The Turbo secondary electric water pump has plastic fittings which can break off while working under the hood if you bump into the pump fittings and this can spray HOT BOILING COOLANT on you causing severe burns. I have had the "pleasure" of experiencing this and have the burn scars to prove it. WEAR SAFETY GOGGLES and PROTECTIVE CLOTHING while working around a hot engine! The radiator fittings are also plastic and these can break off while working around the engine"

The plastic connectors broke off in the hose from just moving it slightly - The hose is secured on what remains of the plastic bits, but I think its time to replace...

Hi AudiS2Au

Yes there is indeed a Bosch equiv part. I replaced my (missing !!) pump when I got my car a year or so back. The Bosch pump was about 40% cheaper than the OEM. I got mine through a mate that runs an engineering works and got Bosch discounts. The PN for the pump is: 0-392-020-054 and it is identical to the Audi verison even down to the electrical plug.

Andre
    1995 RS2 Avant - Custom SS exhaust, Koni adjustables, Custom map, large grin ...

Comment

Just remember not to over tighten the clips when refitting, can crack quite easily

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs
        Just remember not to over tighten the clips when refitting, can crack quite easily
        You forgot the line that goes "And I know this because ..........."

Comment

There is a Mercedes part which is good for an electric small water pump as fitted on the E300 diesel. My brother in law has one on his alvis on the Heater matrix. It is about £90 from Merc, cheaper from a scrappy.

I was told that early ones were alloy.

Yet another bit of useless information.....
          David.

Comment

Thanks all

got a new 'un and fitted it - the Bosch part ended up about 30% cheaper than Audi and VW quoted me, for comparison sake, they wanted about as much as our sets of Samco hose are costing..

hopefully no more coolant leaks!

Comment

Working...
            X