Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy days, my baby is fit again !!

Hi all

Like many of you folks, I have been trying to find the source of my loss of performance and occasional overboost protection cut-out. I have tested pipes, replaced pipes, tested pressure, done the IC mod, replaced the IC (which was leaking anyway) and now have finally found the cause for all my problems. It was the DV. Seems like it was still the original DV and I could actually get it to leak by blowing into it :eek2:

Anyway, replaced that, took 10 minutes (removed the headlight) and all is well again. My lack luster performance is gone, the car has more "urge" now and it even idles more smoothly. But best of all I can floor the throttle now without waiting for the possible "brick wall" effect of the protection routine.

So guys, check this 20 UK part, it is well worth the investigation.

Andre
    1995 RS2 Avant - Custom SS exhaust, Koni adjustables, Custom map, large grin ...

Great to hear Andre! I guess this is something I need to check as well! BTW does the standard DV blow to air? - mine does with a loud blow off noise.
    1995 Silver S2 (ADU) Coupe
    2006 Porsche 997 Carrera S
    2006 Misano Red RS4
    2004 VW Touareg V8
    2007 Golf Mk1 Race Car
    2004 Mercedes Benz Vito 112CD

Comment

The standard DV shouldnt blow off into the atmosphere
      Coupe

Comment

Nope, AbsS2 is right. I can actually not hear my DV at all. Sometimes if I am driving next to a wall and come off the throttle after a quick stab I can hear a whoosh noise, but that's about it. The new one is actually quieter than the old one was.

You might want to check on that DV you have. I stand corrected, but I think the ECU expects the DV to feed the air back into the IM so you may be running with a "mixture upsetting" setup (maybe??? Anybody else have comments)

Andre
        1995 RS2 Avant - Custom SS exhaust, Koni adjustables, Custom map, large grin ...

Comment

Working...
        X