Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3B pressure transducer and other upgrades???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3B pressure transducer and other upgrades???

My CQ has a 3b motor, a K26 6412 and an RS2 exhaust manifold. No other upgrades so far. Though, I have been accumulating pieces for an upgrade. So far, I have the following items:

* mtm chip
    * 3 bar pressure transducer
    * harder wastegate spring
    * 7A exhaust cam
    * RS2 MAF

I am not into changing rods voluntarily or involuntarily, my goal is not to exceed 325 horses.

I have been reading posts on different forums regarding pressure transducers and the concensus seems to be that a 2.5 bar pressure transducer is sufficient for a 3b engine with stock rods.

My questions are:
    1. I am not sure the basis of my mtm chip; I pressume that it's to be used with the stock turbo and fuel system. If this is correct, would the car run properly if I use the mtm chip with the 3 bar pressure transducer or should I install a 2.5 bar pressure transducer instead? Also, is there any way for me to tell what the requirements under the mtm chip, i.e., 2 bar transducer, etc... I was going to purchase a 2.5 bar pressure transducer until I read this post.

2. Considering the goal of 325 horses, of all the items that I listed above, which items would be recommended to be used? Please comment on appropriate fuel system changes as well. I have been thinking about a 7A pressure regulator without larger injectors, if I can get away with it. Otherwise, I'll get a set of 42 pound injectors.

Thanks for your comments,

Pedro

Pedro -

love your website.... nice results on the finished article - must have been an absolute shed load of work but well worth it in the end! sorry I can't help with your questions but I'm still just picking up the basics.....

......everyones got that brake mod these days!

Alistair (yalan@sounddomain)

Comment

Re: 3B pressure transducer and other upgrades???

Originally posted by layuca
      My CQ has a 3b motor, a K26 6412 and an RS2 exhaust manifold. No other upgrades so far. Though, I have been accumulating pieces for an upgrade. So far, I have the following items:

* mtm chip
      * 3 bar pressure transducer
      * harder wastegate spring
      * 7A exhaust cam
      * RS2 MAF

I am not into changing rods voluntarily or involuntarily, my goal is not to exceed 325 horses.

I have been reading posts on different forums regarding pressure transducers and the concensus seems to be that a 2.5 bar pressure transducer is sufficient for a 3b engine with stock rods.

My questions are:
      1. I am not sure the basis of my mtm chip; I pressume that it's to be used with the stock turbo and fuel system. If this is correct, would the car run properly if I use the mtm chip with the 3 bar pressure transducer or should I install a 2.5 bar pressure transducer instead? Also, is there any way for me to tell what the requirements under the mtm chip, i.e., 2 bar transducer, etc... I was going to purchase a 2.5 bar pressure transducer until I read this post.

2. Considering the goal of 325 horses, of all the items that I listed above, which items would be recommended to be used? Please comment on appropriate fuel system changes as well. I have been thinking about a 7A pressure regulator without larger injectors, if I can get away with it. Otherwise, I'll get a set of 42 pound injectors.

Thanks for your comments,

Pedro
      Well...

MTM only one chip ?????................

Anyway,

first you have to know what kind of chip you have ( 3B/ABY/ADU) ?
      if it's a ABY or ADU on it's useless... not the same ignition management !!!

if it's a 3B, it probably does not uses RS2 MAF & 7A camshaft !!!

I think you better find someone who can make you some specific chips or modify MTM one's.

Comment

Thanks Keith. I should have been more explicit.

I have a set of 3B MTM chips.

Pedro

Comment

Originally posted by layuca
          Thanks Keith. I should have been more explicit.

I have a set of 3B MTM chips.

Pedro

well it porabably works only for original 3B conditions.
          something like 280 HP with 1.4 / 1.5 bar based on 3B.

In these conditions you will not be able to use RS2 MAF !
          for the camshaft it probably will work but it will not be considered by the MTM chip so.....

Comment

Will need custom mapping for this sort of setup. You will be limited to 1.5 bar boost pressure with the std ECU, because of the pressure sensor. Not sure about the US, but 3 bar ones are like rocking horse **** over here. I have one

RS2 Maf wont be needed, I run at 360-370bhp on std 3B MAF and rods

Your injectors will be ok for about 320 ish bhp and the fuel pressure wont hurt to be increased with the 7a reg. That takes it to 4 bar instead of the 3bar as std.

BTW, I run 1.8 bar on stock rods in my 3B, they aren't bent yet!

HTH

Tom
            sigpic
            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
            Audi UR Quattro
            Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
            Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
              You will be limited to 1.5 bar boost pressure with the std ECU, because of the pressure sensor.
              The 3B can only run 1.0 bar with the std. MAP (200kpa). ABY has the 250kpa though.

And yeah, those 300kpa *******s ain't easy to find. Found a place that had them but they wanted 380 euros for one!
              Red cars are the fastest ones...
              - Team Irry -

Comment

Yep sorry, it was late! Only 1.0 bar is true. ABY can go to 1.5 bar on std ECU internals.
                sigpic
                Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                Audi UR Quattro
                Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Working...
                X